TAT GF's Helix - Possibly Infected

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MrEous, May 25, 2005.

1. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

Could I just get some quick advice regarding my gf's helix? Of course she has been experiencing pain since Friday night when she got pierced. Since then she will have frequent moments of pain that comes and goes. Also experiencing a 'heated' sensation on minor swelling when compared to her other ear.

There also seems to be some liquid coming out but not a pus-type liquid. She explains it as a watery liquid (blood/water mixture) that is light pink in color.

She is currently keeping it clean twice a day with antibacterial soap and also doing seasalt water treatment once a day.

Is there anything else we should be doing?...any other treatments that might possibly help to quicken her recovery?

I've thought about getting some tea tree oil for her but if anyone advises against that I won't get it.

Thanks for any help...
    Jeff

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

just keep up the soaks and be patient. your body doesnt want that metal there and it'll take some time to get used to it

3. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

It's probably lymph fluid. here

4. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

Just curious but infection would be a more 'snot-like' fluid compared to lymph fluid? Totally makes sense, imo.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

signs of infection are severe redness, pain, dark-green, brown or black fluid coming from the piercing site, swelling, sometimes bleeding.

6. mymilkexpired

mymilkexpired New Member

Keep your cellphone off the ear, loads of infectious materials the be spread from it...

7. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

She actually got it taken care of a week ago. 3 shots of something and some antibiotics. She immediately stopped having the serious pain after the shots...and her swelling/redness went down as well.