GF's 21st bday.. my plans

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Project X, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Project X

Project X New Member

My GF's 21st bday is tomorrow and i wanted to see what you guys thought of my plans that i made.

Im gonna have flowers and Godiva chocolate along with a lot of balloons delivered to her dorm in the morning, or I may just go do it myself since i havent purchased them yet and i rather see her in person. I bought a few presents for her.. some of which consist of perfume, 350 gift card at COACH, some small items like a puppy calendar and a stuffed animal from victorias secret. Im gonna give her the presents later on in the evening.

I am taking her out on a dinner cruise downtown. They have reserved seatin and its very formal. I made the evening more special by having the cruise ppl do a birthday dessert and make it special. Cruise is about 3 hours.

Do you guys think i should give her some of the presents when i go see her in the morning with the flowers... or should i give it to her later on when i pick her up to go out?

2. bmorrell

bmorrell SoCal > *

Wow, that sounds really nice. $350 to Coach! :cool:

I'd give it to her later. After you spend all day together, it's more romantic, IMO. And from what I read, that's what you're aiming for.

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

So when is she going to go out with all her friends and get drunk?

Gift card is stupid for a g/f IMO, you are basically saying "look i have money, but dont know you well enough to really get you something personal".

How long have you been together btw? Thats alot to be spending on just a g/f for a bday.

4. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I think that sounds awesome.....very good plans :cool: I would give her the gift card in the morning so if she wants she can go shopping during the day and can wear her purse/or what ever she buys at night to dinner. I hope you are doing the dinner kinda early so that she can go out drinking after and party it up, cause that is all I wanted to do on my 21st.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: Except I don't know that you can assume she wants to go out with friends and get plastered; there ARE some people who either don't want to, or can't drink. I, for example, couldn't drink even if I wanted to due to some medical issues and medications I'm on.... it would literally kill me.

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

That was more sarcasm. I didnt drink more than a shot on my 21st, and that was at my apt because my friends insisted I buy alcohol (that they ended up drinking :rofl: ) Im more of a pothead than an alcoholic.

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:rofl: at a giftcard for your GF... im not saying shes not going to love it.. but still :rofl:

8. afterShock81

afterShock81 If I could only have one food for the rest of my l

shit thats way too much to spend

9. afterShock81

afterShock81 If I could only have one food for the rest of my l

have fun toppping the gifts you get her next year, and for every other holiday

10. toddjohan

toddjohan As seen on ABC's 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show

Too much for a gf....even if you have the money. Should have went the 'made her something for her b-day' route.

Chances are she will be handing that Coach bag to some other dude in a department store in a couple months

:YOUGO:

IByoubreakupandareoutthemoneyyouspentforherbirthday

11. Jacquelin

Jacquelin I was your silver lining but now I'm gold.

Some girls are REALLLY picky or maybe she was debating between a couple of things in the store (and you know how upset us girls get if we get the OTHER one when we decided in our minds on the first one). Also he might have just gotten her ONE purse for the $350 whereas she might decide she wants a cheaper purse, a matching wristlet, AND a keychain. I know where you are coming from, though, because I would be a little upset with my boyfriend for not knowing me well enough. I think this guy was just trying to play it safe, though.

To me my birthday is more important than Christmas and 21 is definitely a big deal (IMO). Yea, it probably IS a lot of money if you add it all up, but it probably does not matter to him because he loves her and just wants her to be happy on a very important day. I also don't think it is the money spent the he or the girlfriend cares about, it's the thought and gestures. That's how I see it, anyway.

I say kudos to you for wanting to make your girlfriend's 21st birthday something to remember. Good job!

12. red97gst

red97gst New Member

damn son, how old are u? my GFs 21st bday is this weekend. my plans are way less dramatic. then again, i am almost dead broke and she knows it. i just got a hotel room and we are gonna go shopping at this mall together....
    ive never bought a girl a bday present WITH her..... but girls like shopping and why not be able to spend time together looking at stuff ,etc....

My main prob is that i am having flowers delivered to her work on MONDAY, yet TODAY, she received a flower arrangement from one of her bosses that is way more extravagent ($$$) than the one i had planned to give her.... so now i feel like a retard cuz shes gonna get these flowers monday and think i only got em for her cuz i saw that she got em from her boss already :(

the cruise plan u got is right on the money though.

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

lol.. its a fuckin gift card. I don't know the girl... maybe she is very very sweet and deserves all this and more... but your typical girl would not respect someone who tried so hard its impossible not to think of it as a little desperate and pathetic.

14. red97gst

red97gst New Member

some of that stuff is more appropriate for a wedding anniversary, let alone a 21st birthday, but if youve got a lot of money to blow, that's not a bad way to spend it.

i mean i think the $350 at coach is INSANE..... then again my weekly paychecks are about that same amount...

15. danison

danison The Contrarian

I did not read any of that, your avatar is too distracting. Full size?

16. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Uh if you are going to throw that much money at a woman (which is stupid in the first place, I dont care if you shit money), then you should atleast know her well enough to get her things specifically. I would be disgusted with myself if I had to get generic gifts for my wife, even before we were married.

BTW, money has nothing to do with love. I'm glad I dont know you. You sound like the typical "give me things" type of girl. And your right, its not the money, its the thought...and there is none of that. He is basically throwing money at her. Well shit, any woman will stick around for that :rofl:

17. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Ya expensive gifts = the lose..

Gifts that are crafty.. cheap or even didnt cost you anything are going to mean the most and make her remember it even better..

Everyone in the world has money.. anyone can buy anything with it.. sure some people have less than others but in reality.. its WHAT she gets from it that counts.. and making her make that decision is asking for her to totally forget it was even from you.

18. Jacquelin

Jacquelin I was your silver lining but now I'm gold.

Actually I am not. Every piece of Tiffany & Co. jewelry I have and every single Coach/Juicy Couture bag I own I bought for myself. I don't need or want anyone to buy me those things, especially when I can get them for myself. If my boyfriend MADE me a gift I would be happy because it was something that he thought I would like and made him think of me. I don't need materialistic things from boys!

I think he was just trying to make his girlfriends birthday something special and for her to remember. Give the dude a break!

19. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Absolutely............and don't listen to those other cheap bastards, you're doing the right thing.

But while you're in Victoria's Secret, might I suggest something other than a stuffed animal.....perhaps something a little more sheer?? And don't forget the pretty red bow to wrap your, er .... "Johnson" in for the real Birthday treat....lol.

20. Project X

Project X New Member

thanks for the responses.. i just wanted to give you guys and update.. my gf's birthday was very nice and memorable.

some of you guys are sayin that the gift card was generic and no thought was put into it.. but everything i got her had thought put into it.. the puppies calendar.. stuffed animal.. etc..

i got her the gift card, because i didnt know what kind of purse she wanted from coach.. and instead of getttin her one and having her exchange it i got her a gift card that was placed in an coach envenlope and boxed up with a bow and i got a coach keychain of the letter J hooked on to the bow. it was pretty personalized and she loved it. i went with her yesterday to pick out the purse and shes really happy with everything.

just to let you guys know.. i did this cuz i wanted to.. i didnt want anything in return.. its her 21st bday and i love her. and no she doesnt care about drinkin and goin out so i made it specail for her.

21. Project X

Project X New Member

oh yeah... the letter J is for her first initial of her name...

22. Jagrmaister

Jagrmaister New Member

Once she turns 21 it'll all change and you'll be out the 350 bucks.

But seriously, hope all goes well.

23. scaryice

scaryice New Member

You better be pretty serious, because that's a lot of money.