SRS gf won't drink with me around

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sgnn7, Jan 24, 2006.

1. sgnn7

sgnn7 pos the neg hole

i'll make it quick and to the point if i can....

so i'm in a relationship for the last 8mths (i'm 22 and she's 21) and still haven't seen my gf drink freely when around me. she might have a sip here and there but never enough to lower her inhibitions. since we do everything a couple does :p, i see no reason why she would do that. now i understand if she doesn't drink, but she does get drunk when i'm not around and even tells me afterwards :squint:. we're quite independent people still, but i personally feel like this is some lack of trust of sort but i realy can't look at it objectively. i'd appreciate any insight as this has been bothering me for quite some time :sadwavey:

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Maybe she's afraid of what she's like drunk and showing that to you. I know when I did drink i was a depressed drunk and now that I think about it, I would probably not want to be around my BF in that state. Maybe she's an honest drunk and says things she doesn't want you to know?

Maybe she just gets fucked up, pukey and ugly and doesn't want you to see that side of her.

have you talked to her about it? and if you have I hope you haven't said "hey babe why don't you get plastered with me? I never get to see you go wild."

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  3. verveintuition

verveintuition New Member

:werd: That's pretty much my sentiments as well.

She probably just doesn't want to look dumb, messed-up hair, or out of control around you. It doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't trust you.
    She could be a silly-ass drunk, a depressed one, or a pissy one - and doesn't want you to see that.

Talk to her about it. :wiggle:

4. sgnn7

sgnn7 pos the neg hole

makes sense, but if i do talk to her it will still be almost forcing her to drink

catch 22 :dunno:

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think its true , she doesn't want to make a complete fool out of herself, she might have lost a previous relationship by alcohol? Anyway in order to keep you, she thinks she needs control over herself, so no its not a sense of distrust. Rather then taking a 'safe' route for her to preserve the relationship with you. I would leave it at that, and just try to make her comfortable with the idea of drinking together by reassuring that whatever happens you will stick with her.