SRS Gf wakes up, but temporarily can't move

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jarg0n, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

I got out of the shower on Saturday morning and pressed my wet hair up to my gf's face while she was sleeping (suave, I know). She said that she felt my hair and woke up, but couldn't move. She could physically remember trying to move her limbs for a few seconds, but couldn't. (Actually, she may have stated that she woke up slightly before I did this and couldn't move, but fully woke up when I touched her).

She also stated that she simultaneously heard jibberish voices and something touching/scraping against her leg. She stated that this has happened to her a total of three times. She seemed kind of frightened when she was telling me about it and I definitely believe it's genuine.

The only explanation I could come up with is that she was in limbo between being asleep and awake and there wasn't much to worry about. I think she regains full control after 5-10 seconds of this.

Does anyone have similar experiences or can someone shed some light on this?

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

Yeah, she was probably unconscious but somewhat aware of her surroundings and it melded into her dream.

Like when you're sleeping and an alarm goes off, but it turns into a ringing phone in your dream.

3. Jake!

Jake! Guest

4. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

happens to me. sleep paralysis, quite normal.

5. Minh Lam

Minh Lam Active Member

that is soooooo sleep paralysis. I have had it a few times and alot of times it scared the shit out of me. FIrst time it happened I thought I was dead. Now i try to stay calm and fall back into the dream.

6. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

Thought you were dead? WOW!

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I think it's a combination of lack of sleep, irregular sleep schedule and misc. stresses.

7. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

Yeah it can be. I know I get it real bad when my sleep pattern is fucked up/high stress.

8. DubOverdose

DubOverdose New Member

It can definitely be scary...especially when you wake up from a nightmare and you realize you can't move. You get used to it though and it isn't as bad.

9. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Sleep paralysis sucks the first few several times. A lot of people feel an evil presense while paralyzed, so they feel like they need to flee or fight but they can't move, its very very unnerving. The first time it happend to me I thought the grim reaper was coming to take me, since then its been ghosts, aliens, and burglars. Eventually you just get used to it and don't panic anymore but the chills still go down ur spine.

Sleeping on your side or your stomach and making sure that nothing is putting weight on your arms or legs will usually make this go away.

10. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

Damn...

Gf was taking a nap today (she's not getting regular sleep because of Ramadan) and said she had another one.

She was waking up and she thought she felt someone grazing her stomach and breasts with their hand. She also felt someone touching their lips to her face, trying to kiss her, but she couldn't move. She said she was really scared.

Then she "woke up" and obviously there was no one there.

:\ It's impossible that someone was with her because she was in the prayer room/cabin thing, and it's strictly for females.

11. GanglyGoodness

GanglyGoodness .

She's having hypnagogic hallucinations (she's conscious, but her body is still asleep). Most people experience this when they suffer from sleep paralysis.

12. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I used to have this when I was younger. However, I can't remember the last time this has happened. It really sucked when I was 1/2 awake, paralyzed and saw someone standing in the doorway to my bedroom....I live alone. I thought I was being burglarized and needed to defend myself but simply couldn't move.

Fuck....I'm glad that shit hasn't happened in awhile. It's not a fun way to wake up.

13. cascade85

cascade85 New Member

This used to happen to me a lot, scary as hell. I always knew I was half way awake and half way asleep and always tried to scream for someone to come shake me awake, it almost felt like if I let myself drift back to sleep I would die because I was having shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. Its really weird and I would try so hard to snap out of it. Once I was fully awake and could move again I would gasp for air.

14. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

it supposedly happens to black men more then anyone else.

Go figure.

15. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

yes.

I have an extreme case of it. I have multiple episodes per week. Sometimes multiple ones per night.

It's really shitty. Most people have one/two instances every few months.

16. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

Get them once in a blue moon... it's weird :noes: They flared up really bad my sophomore year of high school. Whenever I became conscious I'd try to move something and I'd just feel a rapid twitching in that part. Like the nerves were firing at a brick wall. Then I start breathing labored and fast until my body wakes up.

17. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:eek3:

wow... this used to happen to me all the time. i'm glad i finally know what it is. i was severely sleep deprived during this point of my life. i'm glad i know that is what caused it.

:rofl: i just thought my parent's house was haunted. it really is an eery feeling. :wtc: