gf started BC a month ago

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Crunge, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Crunge

Crunge New Member

she's taking yasmin and has already started and ended her period. the yasmin-us website says pregnancy prevention takes effect 1 week after she starts it. but i wanted to wait at least a month. so yesterday she started taking the 'real' pills again but i was still afraid to go in her, i dont know why. i can go in there with a condom on, no problem. but im hesitant to go in there now without one, even though shes on BC

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

What's your question? There are always going to be risks associated with birth control. Off the top of my head, the chance of her becoming pregnant with NORMAL use of the pill is somewhere around 3-5%. If you don't want to take the 3-5% chance of pregnancy each year, continue using condoms.

3. Crunge

Crunge New Member

is it normal to be hesitant at first? how did you guys deal with it at first etc

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You should ALWAYS be hesitant IMO. It takes a lot of trust to put the responsibility of birth control solely on the woman.

5. 4thgenceli

4thgenceli Active Member

Heh... not me. She was on the depo shot and I went apeshit on her. She was on the pill before, but I guess my lil' soliders are stronger than I thought (miscarried though :().

She was on depo for ~ 1 year, gained weight like loco, and then went to the patch (ortho-evera). That worked great (until she took it off for 2 weeks, but it was planned.. I swear).

I dunno if it's bad to be hesisitant..if you don't want kids, don't take the chance (even though it's quite slim).

6. low20

low20 Member

pull out or use a condom if your not sure about it

7. Neuman

Neuman New Member

yes. but seriously check the planned parenthood website. i dont know about the percents that guy is giving but i swear on their website it says birth control is 99% effective, or possibly more effective then a condom. who knows.

i've been with 3 different girls on birth control, 2 on ortho (the pill) and one on ring. all of them i have gotten off inside, and none of them have gotten pregnate.

btw dated 2 of them for ~2 years each, and the last one im currently about 4 months deep with...

edit: how it was delt with at first with the most recent chick was during unprotected sex i was usually pulling out...but one time during it she said "i want you to cum in me" ...and have been doing so ever since.

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

'birth control' is very broad and covers everything from IUDs to condoms to the pill.
    Here is the FDA's website about the effectiveness of different types of birth control.
    http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/1997/conceptbl.html

Condoms are FAR from foolproof! I have seen studies that puts the failure rate with normal use higher than 15%!
    The FDA says it is 14% with normal use and 3% with perfect use
    Barrier Methods: Male Latex Condom1 14% 3%

Please for the love of God educate yourself before you attempt to educate others (it is pregnant btw) Oh, and I'm not a guy ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2006
  9. NoMoe4You

NoMoe4You New Member

There is nothing wrong with being hesitant. I say use the condom. It has nothing to do with how much you love this person. It's all a matter of rather or not you're ready to have a kid. I am on BC, and my SO stills uses a condom. It's kind of comforting really.