gf says relationship is getting repetitive, help!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Akimbo, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

I need some help. My girlfriend says our relationship is getting pretty repetitive. I can see that. We're both 18, been together about 5 months now, been bestfriends for about a year before that. When we're good we're great, our relationship and connection is amazing, but we need more things to do. We love ending things with deep convos and just relaxing. I was thinking, since she's latin and can dance, I wanna try that, bring a bit of her life into mine, that kind of thing. Get to know her origins kinda thing. Anyone else got some tips? We don't live in a big town really, so it's kinda hard to find INTERESTING things to do. We're getting together around 5 Friday. Anyone got any innovative things to do on a date? Just need some help, I can't let this girl slip away because I didn't do anything about it. Thanks Vag.

2. Shadoxity

Shadoxity New Member

well, as stated, do some latin dancing classes with her.. they are fun!
    and thats about all i can tyhink of atm :(

3. Liddy

Liddy Not enough cowbell.

Sometimes it's nice just to have a bowl of nibblies (chips, chocolates or some candy) have the TV off and the radio on low... just talk to each other about random shit. :) That usually works for me.

4. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

the dance idea is right on target in my opinion.... i would DEFINATLY mention that

5. johan

johan Active Member

What does SHE want to do? Instead of just you wracking your brains out over this, what's her input?

Not really fair to just say "I'm bored. Entertain me"...

6. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

well im looking for good things to do. when i talk to her and ask her what she wants to do its either i dont know, or why don't you decide, you never pick kinda thing.

7. DweeLer

DweeLer New Member

8. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Bored of things after only 5 months? What is going to happen after a year, after 5 years? Planning on staying together long? :rofl: Relationships are repetitive, people in general are repetitive, thats how we are programmed to work...routine.

Anyways, try random things...
    I know what you mean about the girl not wanting to give any input, that always sucks, because she wont say anything, but you had better pick what she wants. In other words she has something in mind, and just wants you to figure it out. Sounds like a head game.

But like I said, just be random, planning out events is just going to eventually lead to more repetitiveness. Doing random things at random times is what you need to try to do, and no one can tell you how to be random but yourself.

Take last night, I got my g/f up at midnight and made her sit outside with me and eat cupcakes and drink milk. At first she hated it because I made her get up out of bed, but we ended up having a ton of fun just sitting outside under the stars. It was random and unexpected...

:werd: When all else fails, sex is ALWAYS something to do. If you arent getting it in atleast a few times a day, then there is something to keep you both busy for a while. And if she starts complaining that the sex is boring and repetitive...well then you got problems.

9. DarthKoRn

DarthKoRn New Member

Stick it in her butt.

10. BTA

BTA New Member

Fucking grow up and get real jobs.

You'll be begging for more real time together, even doing "repetitive boring shit"

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd:

12. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

You know i just asked for good ideas of activities to do, not an analysis of our relationship.

13. JaxFlJon

JaxFlJon Guest

FucK! I hate when my gf does that to me. Im at your place so that means you gotta entertain me. Its like WTF!

14. RockChick

RockChick New Member

ummm... i see no analysis.... just people telling you what to do...

but redvsblue is right... if its already boring... then what ya guys gonna do after a year...

15. JaxFlJon

JaxFlJon Guest

I disagree with this analysis. Me and my g/f have some periods that sag but that doesnt mean things are doomed.

16. BTA

BTA New Member

People can suggest shit to do all day long but it wont fix the actual problem.

17. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:rofl:

18. Azn_azzho

Azn_azzho New Member

Ohhhhhhhh! Latin girls....go to dance! She will love it, and doing it all the time!

19. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I make it a point to take my GF out at LEAST once a week, if not twice. Suggestions:

Dancing lessons
    Museums
    Drive around and find a new restaurant
    Sushi!
    Pool hall
    Threesomes :naughty:
    Movie
    Take a train to a nearby major city, get a hotel room, go to a club, crash at the hotel, come back next day.

Also, it sounds like you are boring her. That can be a trick problem for many guys - at least it was for me. How about surprise her and keep her on her toes? Get her a little something. A dozen roses is $8 around here. Get 'em on a thursday for no apparent reason. Plan a surprise evening, which is what I like to do. I tell her "Get dressed, we're going out. Look nice." When she asks where, I won't tell her. I'll drive her some place, park, and then walk to a nice place for dinner. It's fun for women to have a little mystery ever now and again.

What have you done to intrigue her lately? ;)

20. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Quick tip on the latin dancing. Yes, she will love it. Yes, she will want to do it often and it will keep her entertained. BUT....................

Can you dance to it? No offense but white people seem negated (is that even a word?) when it comes to latin dancing. The white girls that I've tried to take salsa dancing sucked!! The "cuteness" of you not knowing the moves or having bad rythim wears out really fast. And if you do decide to go thru with it, for christs sakes DO NOT ASK HER TO TRANSLATE EVERY SONG YOU DANCE TO!! It gets anoying and it kills the experience real quick.

And to be honest. Going to latin clubs with white girls made me realize that I wanted to date spanish girls and not white ones. For reasons that are too many to explain and you probably would not understand. However, not everyone is the same. And I do know of quite a few white/latin relationships that have worked out very well. Either way, good luck.

21. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

I am hispanic, I can dance fairly well but nothing compared to her. I'm wanting to learn. I've had her translate two songs before, both Shakira <3. She said cool because they are both Colombian. Har.

22. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

What kind of hispanic needs a translation?

Yeah dont feel bad. Very few guys can dance better than girls when it comes to Salsa. I've always looked at it like our job is to keep them company ,and let them show off while keeping enough rythim that we dont look like assclowns on the dance floor.

23. JaxFlJon

JaxFlJon Guest

and by periods I did mean those times of the month :noes:

24. RockChick

RockChick New Member

^^^BWAHAHAHAHAHA... that was kinda funny.