GF-Pro

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DagoRcR, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DagoRcR

DagoRcR OT Supporter

Anybody tired it? I saw the cheap deal thread earlier (14.99 for 2 lbs Cherry Blast) I've been wondering if it is good.

"Bovine blood extracts" kinda freaks me out though...

2. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

it's top quality stuff. if you don't want the bovine protein, you can get i-pro, which is otherwise the same, for $14.99 also from 1fast400.com. No free shipping though, and green apple flavor only.

3. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

i found the GF-Pro to have a consistency which did not lead itself to smooth shakes as other isolates do such as ON whey or even Prov V-60 by Labrada (which I like quite a lot actually)...

:dunno:

4. Chris3G

neither of those are isolates

5. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

:ugh:

"Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard - Whey Protein Isolates As The Primary Protein Source!"

"PRO-V™ [Unique Blend of Micro Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate, Agglomerated Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate, Micro Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate]"

sorry i wasn't as specific as was required...

while both of these options i listed do have blends of other proteins within them, they also contain isolates which helps to have a more pallatable blend which mixes well with your fluid of choice.

:mamoru:

6. Chris3G

you're referring to whey blends as isolates and you're :ugh: 'ing me? When a company lists an ingredient and then the component ingredients in parenthesis, they are not required to be in any type of order. Whey concentrate is far less expensive than whey isolate, and you can bet almost all "blends" out there are primarily concentrate. Although ON does have that little line about isolates being the "primary source", but they still don't list the percentages and that could mean pretty much anything.

anyway back to the topic, you're allowed to not like gf-pro but it's definitely a higher quality protein product than optimum.

7. DagoRcR

DagoRcR OT Supporter

I'm going to order it. Thanks for the opinions.

8. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

:ugh: :hsugh: :hs:

my original post was only stating that the consistency of Gf-Pro is not as pallatable as other options out there and that he should be aware of this fact prior to purchase.

i understand fully regarding whey concentrates and isolates and was only stating that ON and ProV are "isolates" (pardon my prior ignorance here, "isolate BLENDS") that will mix easier for the end user.

:hug:

9. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

if it's not foamy, it's not isolate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.