gf of 1 1/2 years tinks we need a "break"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by AzGuy79, Apr 13, 2009.

1. AzGuy79

AzGuy79 OT Supporter

gf of 1 1/2 years thinks we need a "break"

she says that the relationship just isnt as fun as it used to be. said she needs time to think about stuff. i just dont know what to think. i just dont know what to do or say..

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

To me a break is the end of a relationship in 99.99% of cases, maybe she is just too scared to admit she really wants to break up?

3. AzGuy79

AzGuy79 OT Supporter

i honestly dont even know. we went out and had fun last night, and then she dropped this on me this evening. i just dont know why

4. FrozenSTi

FrozenSTi This site WILL get me in trouble......

she has cut one from the herd and is planning a new relationship. Women rarely break up with a perfectly good relationship without one in the waiting.

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Yeah... You're only real course of action is to make a clean break and move on. Well either that or sacrifice your self respect and allow her to use you as receptical for fecal matter until she gets her next relationship lined up.

6. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

You've been together so long it hurts her just as much as it hurts you to think about breaking up.

Usually, this is a way a person can ease into the break up process, after being on a 'break' and having time off from each other, its easier to 'end' things and move on. The less you see someone, the higher the chance of feelings to fade are in some cases.

If you want this to work, prepare for the worse, honestly. Good luck either way bud.

7. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:werd:

Sorry bro :hs:

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

2nd'ed.

If you want you can lie to her and say, "yeah, this relationship hasn't up to my standards for a while, so I'm glad you aren't going to be too heartbroken. see ya around."

9. jonno

jonno New Member

tough to think about but this is most likely the case dude..

10. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Its all true, and then some will just think that they can do better. Been there done that, did the whole lets take a break shit. Then I wanted to get back and she didn't and well it all ended badly. Just let her go, tell her you feel the same and be done with it. You don't want to have to deal with this shit any longer than you do. Best thing to do is plan to keep busy with a project or friends because no its not going to be easy and there isn't any way to make it.

11. Abomb

Abomb New Member

dont be a little bitch and pre-emptive break up strike her....

then you regain the power in the relationship for whatever thats worth.

1. Its funny
    2. You dump instead of getting dumped
    3. Turns the tables on her, she expects to dump and be in control.
    4. Its funny

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

She's been thinking about this a long time, and there's most likely an underlying reason she's just not admitting to.

Treat this "break" like the end, because that's pretty much what it is.

13. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

shes already completely checked out of the relationship. this "break" is ripping the band-aid off very slowly for both of you. it will be much easier if you rip it off fast, so you should probably do that, by just breaking up with her completely instead of letting her have her "break" and letting you wait and wonder

14. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

People say this because they don't want you to have false hope, or get stuck on thinking things will get back to being how they 'used' to be. The truth is, her request for a break should be treated like a request for a break. There is indeed an underlying feeling she's not being honest with for some time and now its the peak and she has decided she needs time to re-consider. Generally what a person feels and what they think are at a conflict, perhaps there is fear involved perhaps they need you as a comfort blanket.

The best advise anyone can give you is to live EACH day like a new. You honestly never know what will happen, how you or how someone else will feel. The best thing one can do is accept change and LOVe and respect yourself first and foremost. All things happen as they must and only as they can... :) So say, yeah? cool, what evz, break sounds good I need to date around myself and see what else is out there ;)

15. ForgottenSpiral

Betting on a break working in your favor is like going all in on an inside straight draw with only the river card left.

16. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Right, unless you also want a break or at least want the chance to experience some other female flavors.

17. AzGuy79

AzGuy79 OT Supporter

i cant take this. i dont wanna be single again. there cant be another guy, she hasnt been alone enough to meet one. whenever she goes out, im usually there too. i just dont understand

18. ForgottenSpiral

Another guy or not, she is obviously having serious doubts about the relationship. Think about it like this- can you imagine being in love with your gf and wanting to go on a break? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Not to be harsh, man, but for your own well-being, don't go along with it. She either wants to be with you or she doesn't. Fuck all this middle ground bullshit. I've been there and it sucks. I'll never go there again.

19. teep

teep New Member

:hug:

people are fickle like that. everything was relatively good when my ex suddenly said i found an apartment, i'm moving out.

you just have to roll with the punches. take time to process everything, be sad when you need to be, then just do your best to move forward.

20. ForgottenSpiral

Seriously, man, it was about a year ago exactly that my gf said she wanted to go on a break. The only thing that came out of it was lots and lots of pain. It wasn't until I kicked her to the curb for good that she came crawling back. A break means one thing- she wants to see if she likes her life better without you in it. As long as you show up whenever she wants you and are gone when she doesn't want you, then she's having her cake and eating it too. If she wants to see what life is like without you- you have to show her. Because obviously she doesn't have the guts to do it herself.

21. AzGuy79

AzGuy79 OT Supporter

i did everything for this girl. i just dont get it. i feel so sick.

22. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I agree with this completely and have been on your side of the fence. I took the same route as mentioned above. I'm also going to say that getting back with her in the future will never work, because there was that one time. At least for me I don't want a woman in my life that considers quitting on me when the going gets rough. Life is too short to risk, on someone who may decide that one day she doesn't need you. Go find someone who needs you.

Exactly and what did she give you in return? SHIT! Move on to someone who you can give it all for and get it all back in return. Your better than allowing yourself to step back her low.

23. Abomb

Abomb New Member

Any deviation from the plan I gave you will end in almost absolute and gauranteed failure for yourself.

24. ForgottenSpiral

:hug: I'm sorry you have to go through this, bro. Best thing you can do for yourself right now is go hang out with some friends.

25. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

treat a "break" like a "break-up"

she will, i can guarantee it