SRS gf moving

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chronicLAX, Mar 21, 2006.

1. chronicLAX

chronicLAX New Member

Let me start out by saying im an 18 year old highschool senior. Im going to graduate in june and then to college in state (maryland). Ive been going out with the girl of my dreams for about 6 months now. The is the best gf ive ever had. i lost my virginity to her. were gonna go to my prom and her prom soon (we go to different schools, were both seniors) at the beginning of july shell be moving to california to go to a community college, shes got family out there. I am going to be devistated... she mentions it every once and awhile to me, but we havnt really discussed it. how should i leave this when the time comes??

2. let her... hs relationships dont last. move on.

and where is she moving? :x:

3. GTSlow

GTSlow New Member

You'll be alright. Just enjoy your prom and some of summer, you are gonna meet lots of great people in college. Don't worry!

4. johan

johan Active Member

College is so much more fun if you're free. It's the truth.

5. Create

Create :free at last:

Don't even attempt a long-distance relationship at this point. Sustainibility is lacking time, money, and history.

If she's really all that then maintain a friendship. Email is free and so is long distance if you've already got a cellphone. Chances are, though, that both of you are going to be very busy academically and socially for at least the first few months. Things will settle down and that's when to restart some regular contact. It's good to cut things off for awhile to let the overriding feelings diminish before re-establishing contact.

The most important thing is to communicate to her why you need to cut off for awhile and why it's 'for awhile' and not forever. Even if it goes south you should still (see below)

Everyone comes home for holidays during college. Even if you diddn't speak to her for months look her up around the holidays.

6. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

I was in a 7 month relationship with a girl I met last summer. We fell in love, and I actually saw myself someday getting married to her and having kids. She went to school 3 hours away. Last semester was fine, she came home every other weekend, and I went down there a couple weekends. But a few weeks ago, she broke it off out of nowhere...said she wanted to live the college life, is afraid because I'm her first boyfriend, blah blah....We were going so strong, then BLAM, I got dumped.

Long distance relationships are nearly impossible...its just not the same talking to the person over the phone rather than seeing them in person. Good luck man

7. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

just let things end on good terms...keep in touch but i wouldn't try to keep up the relationship...it's not like she's going to be in jersey and you can just drive a couple hours to see her. believe me, trying to keep up the relationship will drive you mad...wondering who she's with...if shes cheating...etc etc

yeah, it will be hard, but you're young and you will meet a lot of new people in college, who knows...you might find someone even better :x:

8. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Its going to be hard to try and keep something going, so it might be best to just end on friendly terms. I believe long distance relationships can work, but I dont know about THAT much distance, you'd rarely be seeing one another.

When I met my bf, he lived 200 miles away from me. We only saw one another on weekends every 2-3 weeks in the beginning (February '05). Then in April it became every other weekend, and in May it became every weekend. When I graduated I just ended up going to SC and spending weeks there and finally moved there in August. But I didnt have to worry about college separating us because I was planning on attending a college down in the same area anyway. Those first months were hard enough, and I think for you it'll be even harder since you're so used to seeing her a lot now, and then wouldn't be.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people to meet in college, for both of you. Who knows, if you two feel the same about one another when you're done, things could all fall back into place. But I wouldnt dwell on it TOO much, because like Amity said, it will drive you crazy wondering what she's doing 3000 miles away.