GF just called today and out of the blue...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by machaf, Jun 22, 2005.

1. machaf

machaf Guest

Well my girlfriend of 7 months who I really care about just called me last night and said she wanted to take a break.

I was totally shocked and very upset. Everything has been going fine in our relationship.

She says the reason is because she has had more fun hanging out with her friends lately. She also says we do that same thing over and over again, which is true. Our schedules only allow us to see eachother at night, so we usually just watch a movie or what not. Plus there isn't a whole bunch to do here in North Dakota, if your not 21. I am 22 but she is just going to turn 20.

What makes it worse is that her birthday is on Saturday. I had plans to take her out for a very nice dinner, ordered her some flowers, and got her other presents.

I couldn't sleep at all last night because I kept thinking about it. I dunno what to do. I just feel so depressed. This is a big emotional drain on me. I really really like this girl and thought she could be the 'one'.

She said she needs time to think about if she still wants a BF. I really don't want to take a break and then get back together, as I think that will just be more emotional problems in the future.

Anyone have any advice for me? :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

2. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

tell her she can see her friends more, u dont HAVE to see each other every day, maybe one or two nights a week and 1 weekend day, just explain u can give her space but dont want to split, if she says no, somethings up and ure better off without her.

3. BTA

BTA New Member

Unfortunately a lot of people have it in their minds that a relationship is always going to be like the first couple months where everything is new and exciting.

The reality is people end up settling into a comfortable routine.

She's young, she'll be like this for a couple more years probably.

4. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

I agree with both posts. If she doesnt want to still be with you event hough you give her more space then something weird is going on. Im not trying to make a situation worse, but maybe she cheated on you or maybe she is interested in someone else. A lot of the time Women will say that because if this very reason. Anyway keep us posted on whats going on. And as for BTA's post I agree because, most Men and Women are constantly growing up and changing their minds from the ages of 17-23, so trying to get someone to totally settle down is kinda hard. Although I have been with my girl now for 19 months, its been great and I am only 18. Plans for our marriage comes into conversation all the time, so I dont see anything like this happening. But talk to her.

5. Bret The Ripper

Bret The Ripper I

Number of things could have caused this:

If you havent been haning otu with her and neglecting her some, she probably already has her eyes on someone else. Maybe have alreayd messed around with him, I know thats harsh but it could be very true. If this is the case, theres not much you can do about it.

You could also be too much of a lover boy. I have seen my freinds do this. This will also just make them sick of you.

Or she could jsut want anotehr chance to find someone else in life before she gets much older. She wants to go party with her friends (hook up with other guys) before she is too old.

Ultimatly the only thing you can do is tell her how you feel about her one last time and let her go. If you refuse to let her go and make a big fuss about it she will probably end up cheating on you, or just straight up dump you.

You have to let her go. If you seem understanding about it and let her go do what she wants, this will give you the highest possibility of her coming back.

6. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Emo girl.

Let her go, go find a new girl, scratch that, woman.

I was discussing this with a few friends the other night, there is no such thing as a "break", there is only togther and broken up, there is no inbetween. "Taking a break" would be like being "a little pregnant".

We also discussed the posibility that a girl that wants a "break" is also into playing head games, which is never a good thing.

7. DreamStylez

DreamStylez Guest

Sorry to tell you bro but Its over between you guys...all girls go through that stage when their that age.....when she says that "She doesnt know if she wants a boyfriend anymore" not only does it mean that shes to immature for a relationship, but it mainly means that shes out with her friends scoping out other guys.

8. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

MUTHER FUQUING :werd:

My ex is a perfect example of this. At the end of it all "I don't want a boyfriend right now, blah blah blah" Yeah go away, she was too imature about teh entire relationship thing. She had this misguided idea that relationships were ment to be all bliss and happiness and if there were arguments too often (meaning more than like one a year), then we wern't compatable. :rolleyes:

9. Takumi

Takumi New Member

Yup, ex gf of 3 years ended it with me out of the blue.

We took a break for a week, afterwards she gave me the "I have had so much fun being single in the last week, I just want to be alone for now and develop myself" :mb:

One week later, she was with another dude :squint:

Good thing I found a girl who's a million times better than her (but not till a year after the breakup)

Anyways, yeah, girls that age are like that. Honestly, all they have to do is tell you they are bored with the routine, want to change things up, or whatever. But if they just up and walk away out of the blue without wanting to work things out, you're better off without them.

10. DreamStylez

DreamStylez Guest

Fuckin Woman

11. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

Don't sweat it dude....just move on.

12. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WOW! Are you that naive?! Do you think he saw this comming? You do realize that just because you talked about marriage has nothing to do with this happening? Tons of people talk about marriage and then break up. Shit tons of people get marriend and then break up...

Not to burst your bublle...no ones "see's anything like this happening"...
    :werd:

Breaking up and getting back together is for middle school and immature high school relationships. Once you break up in real life, getting back together on leads to trouble.

There is a reason she wants to be away from you. Whatever that reason is, whats to say there wont be another one some other day?

13. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Ehh I know bad example sorry. I have read ur posts seems like u and your girl are really doing great. I guess theres a sense within a good relationship that cant be explained on here in this forum. Im sure you know what I am talking about. When we talk about marriage its not just talking like its not a dream its something we both know is gonna happen. Nvrmind I dont wanna get bitched at for sounding stupid lol. Anyway sorry to take this thread off topic.

14. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Oh I feel ya. Im glad I come off that I am in a good relationship, but I try not to fool myself either. I think the best thing to do is just to be happy every day that we have together and realize that it could end any day. Wether someone else comes along, a death, or something even unknown. Nothing is ever forseen, and nothing is ever expected. I just hate to see people throw away thier lives over an ending relationship.

Me and my girl talk about marriage to;) . I think its natural when you are in love to plan the future. I wish everyone had what me and my girl have, and maybe other people have better. I just try not to kid myself into thinking that things could turn for the worst at any time. I would say me and my girl have been through hell and back (not between us, but things we have gone through together), but ya never know what the future might bring. I just live one day at a time.

If I seem bitchy, just bitch at me back. :wavey: :rofl: Sometimes we all need a reality check! Thanks

AHHH atleast this is still apart of OT, we are allowed to do that right?:drool:

15. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Heh, well I can totally agree with you on the Hell and back part. Lets just say I have had tons of legal problems this past year and I am now back in court again (because stupid people dont do their job and charge me with everything the first time) and she is there by my side everyday. She says if ur going through it, you bet im gonna to. I know it sounds like now I am fugitive on the run lol, but you wouldnt be able to tell by looking at me of all the shit me and my girl have gone through. Just glad to be able to share with her.

16. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

shes young and wants to have her fun (be a whore)...let her go now before she cheats on you (if she hasnt already) and then you'll be 100x worse than you are now.

17. afterShock81

afterShock81 If I could only have one food for the rest of my l

Where in ND are you from???

18. mastaofmurda

mastaofmurda Guest

i read this as "and get her pregnant"

19. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

Act like you think the break is a good idea, then start to talk to another girl (not romantically but just a friendship) and make sure she knows about it. she'll come runnin'

20. machaf

machaf Guest

Naw dude. I'm not about playing games like that. You know I could mentally mind fuck her big time. But I don't think thats right.

She'll just find out in the future what she lost out on and how she fucked up. She'll regret it.

21. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Good plan. :wiggle:

22. The Kurtis

The Kurtis Yes........The

Sounds like shes trying to free herself up so that she can slut it up on her birthday

23. machaf

machaf Guest

See shes not the type of girl that would cheat. Some girls understand some don;t.

Anyway. I just ended it few hours ago. So its time for me to move on.

Thanks for the help people

24. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Good luck :hs:

25. look4uinhereyes

look4uinhereyes New Member

man i feel for you, not to make you feel worse, but i have the best g/f ever. the reason i say this is i know how you might feel, i know i would be crushed if she broke up with me. im lucky to have her. if you two do get back together, try not to watch so many movies, maybe go out. yea your not twenty one, but get friends together and have a bonfire, go out and look at stars, suprise her with random hoildays. like the last one me and my g/f had was, happy ali moving out day. that was the day her room mate that she hates moved out. so made eachother a card. and made it a hoiliday. just mix things up, yea it sucks not being able to spend "days" together, but work with it. talk to her about it, dont leave her in the dark. i hope this helps.

-adam