GF Is Going To Start Going To The Gym With Me

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by M-1000, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

ill start off with her goals -

1) trim down (she has chrons/collitis), and has put on a fair amount of weight because of it
    2) build up some strength and muscle tone
    3) cardio (she has had problems with her lungs/bronchiole tube in the past, not as bad now, has had cartilidge removed from one knee as well)

so my plan is to start her off with some basic cable exercises, let her get a feel with them for a little while, then move her to free weights, obviously not push her beyond what she finds acceptable for weight/reps/sets. nothing major, just to help lean her out and gain some strength.

cardio on an elliptical. maybe start with 15min a workout and slowly work it up to a half hour. this will help with the weight loss as well as cardio abilitly.

shes 20, ~160lbs, if that matters. she hardly drinks any water and im pushing her to start drinking it all the time all day. a lot of her weight right now i would assume is water weight because of it. how is hydroxycut these days after the meth-heads had their way with it?

she eats somewhat healthy, but not 3 meals a day. the chrons effects her in a pretty bad way. any meal upsets her, but depending on what she eats determines the severity of it. she has a meal maybe 1-2 times a day.

now what im asking is there anything that she should/shouldnt do? standard cabled exercises should be fine. she isnt trying to become a body builder or anything. can you guys give me any advice on female workouts

2. I Pwn Noobs

I Pwn Noobs Guest

i hate going to the gym with my gf it sucks

3. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

once again i am amazed by what this forum has become

4. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

This fuck stick is just the newest troll/douche bag, he will be gone soon

As for her, put here on the same stuff you do, it is impossible for her to get big, so don't worry about that. Have her do deadlifts squats bench press, the usuall crap.

5. I Pwn Noobs

I Pwn Noobs Guest

my gf gets on the elliptical for 40 mins and then she does thigh workouts and curls. she eats like shit but she's still in pretty good shape. How's that for advice?

6. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Stop posting.

7. I Pwn Noobs

I Pwn Noobs Guest

nice informative post

8. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

You fail at *
    OT F&N

9. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

I don't know anything about the conditions that you mention, and I'm not going to google it and read just to still not have half the understanding of it you do, so instead I'll say this - adapt the stickies as best as possible to her. Her training should look very similar to that of yours, or anyone elses - in that she takes advantage of training economy.

if you've plowed through the stickies / online resources / time under the bar personally, you should be able to help her decently well.

10. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

If you don't stop being a fuckstick I'll ban you. How's that for advice?

11. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

thats good, thanks :bigthumb:

12. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Don't you usually lose weight with Chrons/Collitus because of the lack of ability to actually absorb nutrients, or did you mean she gained weight because of the medication she is on which I would assume includes prednisone?

And if she doesnt drink water that would mean she has less water weight.

13. BigJohnson

BigJohnson New Member

do not do it!

atleast in my position it has caused nothing but problems.

14. I Pwn Noobs

I Pwn Noobs Guest

ok

15. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

why would you want to lift with a bitch?

16. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

because he is trying to help her better herself and help her by motivating her and showing her exercises I'd imagine. He didnt ask for a work out partner suggestion.

17. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Not that I necessarily agree with the quote especially since some on the list are differences between individuals and not necessarily gender differences but...

18. siniquezu

siniquezu New Member

19. PharCyde

PharCyde New Member

WTF I have colitis, how the hell did she put ON weight from it? That stuff fucks with my intestines, makes me eat less and makes me shit like theres no tomorrow

20. M-1000

M-1000 COME FLY AWAY

she has chrons. its much different than colitis. i have colitis as well, so i know that pain. but anyway, she gained weight because of the chrons. as said above less nutrient absorption. and also because of the pills she is on. her intestines are so inflammed at all times that she looks pregnant.

if she didnt take her steroid (not sure what kind) everyday she would be close to double the size she is right now. but she does have some thickness around the edges and thats what i want to help her with.

i dont need a workout partner, im trying to help her out with her own body so she can feel good about herself again.

21. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

I have ulcerative colitis and let me tell you: it blows ass. I feel for your gal. Just don't push her too hard. I know with me, I'm on so much prescription medication that if I go too hard I get nauseated and throw up. Not fun. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.