GF is giving me a hard time about going on birth control

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by John Galt, Nov 5, 2007.

1. John Galt

John Galt New Member

She won't go to the gyno because she hasn't yet and thinks if she asks to, her mom will figure out she's having sex, and even if she doesn't, she'll have to fill the prescription somehow without her mom finding out.

I heard Planned Parenthood gives it out, but how does that work? It's a prescription, and you just have to pay for it yourself so it doesn't end up on insurance?

I know it's a ridiculous situation, but she's 17 and still lives at home, so it would be a very bad situation if anyone found out she was having sex.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

She can go to Planned Parenthood. She needs to research things. If she is having sex, no matter how old, she needs to be seeing a gynecologist.

Edit: Mommy and daddy are going to be far more pissed when and if she gets pregnant on accident. At 15/16 I told my mom I thought it would be smart for me to see a gyno. She agreed that it was the smartest idea. If your girlfriend is so petrified that he parents won't respect her decision to have safe sex then maybe she is too young and immature and shouldn't be having it. If you refuse to believe that then take her to PP, where she can get BC for free.

3. John Galt

John Galt New Member

I agree completely, and have used the same immature line (bigggg fight from that one), which finally got her to agree to even go to PP. I'll talk to her again, but I think I'm going to just have to be happy with PP. :hs:

4. BornToFly

BornToFly New Member

It will be more difficult if she ends up preggers, one would think

5. iwishyouwerebeer

Yeah, get her ass to PP. She needs to go sooner than later.

6. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

She does need to go see a gyno if she's having sex. It's a whole lot better to be safe than sorry. I used to be scared to tell my mom that I wanted to go on BC because I was having sex at 17 as well. So, to this day I still use condoms. But, I did tell my mom I was having sex. She wasn't pissed, she was just surprised because she figured I was going to wait until I was married. She was also relieved I was at least using some form of BC. No parents are going to be happy there child is going to be having sex. But, at least they wont be have to be worried about being grandparents anytime soon.

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

If she doesn't want to go, she shouldn't be having sex.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

All the girls I know were made to go at 16 by their general doctor.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

I understand, that's why I said if she can't talk to them she still needs to go to PP.

10. demosnat

demosnat New Member

At seventeen a woman needs to go to the gyno, whether or not she is having sex.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: It blows my mind that her mother hasn't taken her personally. Shit, my mom took me at 16.

12. Abomb

Abomb New Member

congratulations on being a daddy :)

13. iwishyouwerebeer

Wow, that's just nuts!

14. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I understand the feeling. I'm 19 and I can't talk to my mom about anything sexual. She was never very open about it with me. My aunts and uncles were the only ones who ever spoke to me about sex.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

I don't talk to my mom about sex what so ever. But she is understanding enough to realize that at my age I can make my own decisions and is glad I choose the safe way.

16. just tat

just tat New Member

wow, this whole thread makes me feel so lucky. my family doctor is a gyno. so when i turned 17 and was in for a check up, she told me it was time to start doing the invasive gyno stuff. and when i started having sex, my mom looked at my face, and said she knew, and that i should go on BC cause condoms weren't enough and i should be double protected.

i have gone to the equivalent of PP in my area, and everything they did was completely free. and completely confidential. they have a file with a number on it for me, and no name. and i have to keep track of my number.

i can understand her not wanting to talk to her parents, or even let them find out. and that's why there are such places as PP. but even if they did find out, wouldn't it be better for them to find out she's taking percautions, than find out they're about to be grandparents?

17. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

BC can be used for other things such as reducing the symptoms of PMS for women. Why doesnt she claim that instead of the whole sex issue. Either way, it sounds like she is immature and you should be careful until she does get herself checked out and on the pill.

18. lauren

lauren Active Member

my mom told me outright she doesn't want me relying on condoms, and i need to get on bc. mind you, i'm almost 25. this is pretty much the first she's spoken of it. :rofl:

leave that shit up to the 'rents and you're in trouble. be happy you have a pp nearby. it's confidential.

19. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

when I wanted to go on BC, I was 15. I wasnt about to tell my parents that I wanted to have sex, so I told them that I got really bad cramps every month before I got my period and I wanted to go see the doctor. When I got in there, I told them the same story, and they prescribed the pill for me. No problem at all. Also, my doctor just gives me samples instead of having me fill my prescription, because he knows I cant afford it, so there is no cost at all beyond the annual pelvic exam. There are laws restricting the information parents can find out, so if she can pay for an exam out of pocket, there would be no way her rents would know what was going on.

My best friend went a different route, and went to PP for her pills. They didnt do a pelvic exam the first time she went in, but they should if your gf has been having sex for over a year. Everything will be kept confidential because she's 17, the costs will be minimal if at all, and she should be good to go.

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

My mother wanted me on BC, wayyy before I was active, to help me regulate.
    She is encouraging my sister (14) to start taking it as well, b/c all of the women in our family have such horendous cramps.
    (she went to her gyno once, to get help wiht her cramps, the gyno put a hand on her muscles, asking her to say when she was having one, the cramping was on par with labor contractions)

21. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I was such a good boy that my mom would actually tell me from time to time that it was okay to have a drink or two at parties. Along the same lines she has often told me keep my shit wrapped when I fuck. She doesn't use that language though.

My father... is in my interview. I won't repeat myself unnecessarily.

God, I'm so glad I was raised without God. I was always uptight because of social anxiety; religious conviction would have been the perfect rationalization to stay home on the weekends. "I don't want to have anything to do with that! Those are sinful things."

22. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Raised by athesits FTW, I learned to avoid 'bad' things, for good, solid reasons (harm to pleasure ratio) teaching me respect for the consequences of my decisions, and for the power that dumb-fuck decisions would have over the rest of my life.
    I also never had that teenage rebellion, when most kids realize "really, I won't slip into a firey hole in the ground the first time I put my pecker in suzie?" and then run around like an idiot, assuming that my parents were just trying to scare me and my actions really had no consequences, since they didn't ahve the immediate fire and brimstone consquesnces.

Plus, finding God on your own > having it shoved down your throat.

23. mrs0323

mrs0323 New Member

Is it also possible she is somewhat intimidated or afraid of the exam itself? It can be painful for some females. That first gyno visit can be frightening, metal stirrups, speculums, swabs, etc. And I agree with some of the others that it would be far worse for her to come home knocked up than be taking a birth control pill every day.
    Hell, I took my daughter to a gyno at 16 BEFORE she had sex and she actually wanted me in the room when her doctor started discussing birth control options.
    While it is admirable, if not always realistic, to remain a virgin until you are married, her parents should applaud her (and you) for wanting to be responsible. In this day and age, birth control, as well as protection against STD's is a MUST, not just an option.
    Can she not talk to her mom at all? WTF is wrong with parents now? This is not the 50's folks. Jinkies.
    Maybe I'm the oddball, but my daughter and I have always been very open regarding both her sex life and mine....hell, I remember finding her handcuffs and asking her where to get some.:mamoru:

24. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:werd:

Gynecologists can be cool, but sometimes they are hellspawn. I strongly recommend you avoid the hellspawn gynecologists :ugh:

25. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: :wtf: How many gyno's have you been to? :hsugh: