gf has reduced sex drive v.new bc?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by soopa7fly, May 18, 2007.

1. soopa7fly

soopa7fly stupid :06:

sorry in advance for the long read:

ive been dating my g/f for a year, starting last may, and things have always been great. we waited about 2 months into the relationship to start having sex, and when we did, we did at least 2-4 times a week. fast forward to about feb. when she switched pills, and sex became less frequent, 1x every week or 2. she switched pills again in march and since then, sex has been about non-existant. since mid-march weve had sex no more than 6 times. she says shes just not horny anymore, which i can imagine could be a side effect from switching pills, but shes about to end her 2nd month on her newest pill.

some things worth noting are: she used to initiate sex with me 90% of the time, either by starting to kiss me and getting things moving, or just stripping off her clothes while im out of the room getting a drink or something. now, i cant get her to have sex even if i spend a good amount of time being passionate, trying to turn her on, etc.

so my question is, how likely is it that even after 2 months, shes still adjusting to the new bc?

2. soopa7fly

she was REALLY moody the first week or so after switching, but has since returned to normal. other than that im not aware of anything else going on thats odd. as far as her trying something else, shes refusing thus far because her period on this pill is averaging 2 days and her cramps, etc are the least theyve been on any other pill. she doesnt seem to care about her libido, not at all.

3. soopa7fly

thanks for the help, ill wait it out another month and see where we're at then. i really like her, but this has really been getting under my skin. hopefully she just needs a little more time to adjust.

4. soopa7fly

its funny cause i actually made this joke with her a week or so ago. i told her with the money she saves she can take me out for dinner once a month.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

One of my exes went on one pill and it killed her sex drive, she couldn't get wet, and she became an emotional wreck.

Then she changed to another pill and she was fine.

I've done a bunch of reseach on what hormones are in what pills, how much each one has of each, and I have a list that is basically like "x symptom? Switch to y pill." I did this research years ago when that ex was having her problem. PM me your email address if you want me to send it to you.

6. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

one of my GFs said that the pill prolonged her ability to have an orgasm.

7. surlybot

surlybot you cool maaaaaaannn?

I got the same problem man.
    My gf went on some bc pill and she was never horny anymore.

8. soopa7fly

i thought it was a great joke, but she didnt think it was very funny at all. as a result, we are going out for a nice dinner on tuesday and i expect ill be paying the bill.

9. autobahn

autobahn New Member

Also, it's not necessarily because of the BC.... Some women just lose their sex drive once in a comfortable relationship.

10. kiri

kiri New Member

she should talk to her doctor :dunno:

if i went on a medication that took away my sex drive, i would go back ASAP, that's a side effect i just can't deal with :o try to encourage her to talk to someone about it and find out what her options are