GF has irregular periods.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by imori, Jun 16, 2005.

1. imori

imori Phasma En Machina

my gf has irregular periods. nothing wrong with this, just that it gets frustrating. Shes 2 weeks early right now... oddly. last month she had a full 4 weeks, which is unusual for her, others its closer to 5 weeks and sometimes not at all.....

I wouldnt mind it so much, its just confusing... everytime something like that happens I freak out and think the worst. Anyone else have these problems?

2. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

How are her eating habbits?

3. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Get her on the pill, her periods will be regulated and you can rest a bit more assured...

4. imori

imori Phasma En Machina

eating habits are fine, though they have been changing. She used to eat about once or twice a day, now its been getting to be about normal.

I told her this, but she has something against going to doctors (too much money, at least thats what she says) and she doesnt like the idea of putting hormones into her body, which I understand. oh well, I guess we stick with condoms.

5. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

if there's nothing wrong with her and she doesn't want to be on the pill then just be extra careful. i have my period about 5 times a year when i'm not on the pill, and i'm fine. :)

but then again, my boyfriend doesn't keep up with my menstrual cycle :mamoru:

6. imori

imori Phasma En Machina

yeah, Im weird like that. I keep better track of it than she does.

7. firedancer

firedancer New Member

I too face the same problem as your girlfriend (and cannot take the pill - long story), and there are a few pieces of advice that I can give/ that have been given to me by my doctors:

1. Make sure her diet stays healthy both portion and schedule wise - she should be at or even slightly over her target weight for her age/height.

2. Have her keep her daily stress load to a minimum - stress can have a HUGE effect on the regularity of horomones and the body as a whole.

3. Does she exercise a lot? I'm a swimmer and have a heavy practice load - my doctor told me that I could expect to be very irregular because the high amount of exercise keeps my body fat percentage so low, and there was pretty much nothing I could do about that...

good luck to you both :)

8. RockChick

RockChick New Member

being on the pill can cause irregular periods, hun.

there are so many things that can cause it: too much stress, sport, diets or maybe she doesnt eat enough... cysts or something else inside her, the pill... (i think it was already said)... etc.

imo she should go and see the doc if it happens all the time. cos thats not normal (unless maybe its like that in her family... ever asked?)
    my sis had that problem even tho she was on the pill... ended up in having a surgery but i cant remember what it was... maybe cysts but im not sure.

9. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

go gon the patch....its awesome. or the shot.

10. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

It could be something more serious too. I've always had irregular periods and they diagnosed me with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and now they think that my ovaries are failing and that I may be going in to early menopause (I'm only 20).

She should really see a doctor about the irregular periods. It may be nothing, but it may be something.