Gf has immature spurts. whiskey tango?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jarg0n, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

This is going to be hard to describe, which is part of the reason I can't seem to resolve it with my g/f.

Spontaneously, and considerably more often than it used to be, my gf will have these, what I like to call, immature spurts of behavior. It may be anything from saying some random things that have no meaning or merit no response from me (like last night we were approaching an intersection and the light turned red and she says "Oh, no! It's red." Me: wtf?) or speaking in an immature tone, almost like a kid would. I just don't get it. I've tried explaining this to her and callin her on it, but it's hard to pin down and she claims to not know when she does it. Strange thing is, I actually believe her. As soon as I call her on it, she won't do it any more, which makes it even more weird. I'm not sure if she has maturity issues or what. I think she does it more when she is temporarily bored.

I'm totally at a loss on this one, so any advice would be appreciated. Maybe I'm not analyzing it from the right point of view. I dunno..maybe she has split personalities or something, although I highly doubt it. It seems that she only does it around me...maybe she's bored with me sometimes, I dunno. :ugh2: :hsd:

2. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

Ok... explain more?

The red light thing, I'm not following, that doesn't seem immature to me at all, or maybe you're just not fully explaining it. It's not like everything she says needs some response from you. I say random shit all the time [I think out loud a lot, it's not like I'm expecting a response or anything], it doesn't have anything to do with my maturity level.

The voice could just be what a lot of people perceive as cute, a "baby" voice towards you. Just tell her that annoys you, doesn't mean it's immature.

3. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

^ what she said

4. limited_skillz

limited_skillz I'm a dumbass!

girls do it all the time its called being playful or tired

5. cigarrett

cigarrett New Member

How old are you, and how old is she? I know girls my age that still do that. Hell, I'm a guy and I say stuff like that.

6. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

Are you a girl? Please explain.

We're both 25.

Yes, I'm sure I'm not doing a very good job of explaining it. Sometimes she'll use what I refer to as her "baby voice" where she'll say something slowly with a little girl voice. I don't know how else to define it except as being immature. She doesn't do it very often, except she's been doing it more and more lately. She's really cool and down to earth when she's not doing it, but when she does it, it throws me for a loop and it's like she's not acting herself at all.

I'm sure some ladies on here know what I'm talking about. Yes, being tired may be the cause sometimes, but I think it's sort of a cop-out of the overall issue.

edit: Quotes like the above were also said in her "baby voice," which is why it'd bothered me.

7. fray

fray New Member

I have a friend who does the baby voice. She'll do it when she wants something and I don't think she can help herself because it's so ingrained now. When I asked her, she thinks it's because she was a daddy's girl and she was very good at manipulating her father to get whatever she wanted by using that voice, so it's just carried through. It's funny though because she'll do it, and I'm female, so the whole "teehee, I'm just a little helpless girl, can't you just do this for me" vibe doesn't really work, but she's so used to doing it that she "can't" stop. It bothers me that she knows she can manipulate guys with it to get her way...and even more that guys actually fall for it completely.

The red light thing I don't really get. Sounds like she was just thinking out loud. I'm guessing it bugged you because she used "the voice" and it just happened to be the most ready example you could think of. Does she usually do it for just little things, or is it usually when she wants something?

8. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

No, I know what you mean, but she doesn't do it when she "wants" something. She's not really that type of girl and doesn't really "want" for anything. That's what baffles me about it. She does it really randomly and the frequency has seemed to increase as of late (the past month or so). Dunno...Maybe she's starting to show her true self or something?

9. fray

fray New Member

maybe you've been giving her less attention, or she did it once and it worked before you noticed?

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Let me guess....you haven't brought this up to her?

The next time she does it just go "why do you do that?"

11. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I don't really see anything wrong with that. I say completely random shit all the time.

Have you thought about if you're just getting sick of her, or if you're seeing her too much and everything is starting to get on your nerves?

12. Jarg0n

Jarg0n New Member

/\ No, I have brought it up to her! I try to bring it up whenever she does it, but I'll let it slide sometimes. I'll only bring it up if I know I can nail her on it.

fray - funny that you mention that. She seems to do it more if we hang out a lot. We see each other every single day (we work together) and if we hang out a lot over the course of a few days, she'll be inclined to do this more, i.e. she does it more when I give her more attention. Maybe I'm giving her too much attention. I do try and give her space because I know that seeing each other every day can be just as harmful to a relationship as the opposite.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

Whoa...maybe give her some more space if you want your relationship to survive.

14. fray

fray New Member

that may just be her"cuddly, affectionate" voice. Maybe she had an ex that liked/ encouraged it. I would just try to point it out when she does it and it will probably decrease. But don't nag...

15. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

i have only met ONE girl that DOESNT do that

get used to it...

16. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

2nd. definitely met more that do it than don't

17. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I do this sometimes. I can be a very weird(but in a good interesting way not a:ugh: way). I'm weird like that with my family, and me and my brothers get along like that, so it comes from that. I do things like, when I see something I think is cute, im like "OMG CUTE" or w/e in a girlie voice. I do things like that. Also, I think I do it because I like playing the role of the more innocent(? not sure if thats the correct wording, but its still early lol) role, and have the guy as the big, rough and manly dude. My current boy just laughs at me and thinks im being weird and rediculous and gets a kick out of it. (and he also fills that rough manly guy position quite well:naughty:). I've also told him that if I am ever bothersome about something to not be afraid to tell me. But even though I am recognizing that I do this now, a lot of times its just natural to me, and is kinda my weird personality. :dunno:

And its also something I don't do right away with new people until I feel comfortable, and I don't do it with everyone. So, she may just feel comfortable with you.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

:confused: WTF girls are you guys meeting? :ugh: Are they 15 perhaps?

19. lauren

lauren Active Member

does it bug you she's not serious all the time? i don't get what the problem is.

so she's a silly girl. if she weren't, you'd probably be in here asking why she cant loosen up a little sometimes.

20. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

more like 12. I don't know. On of my gf's friend speak lolcats/infant 80% of the time. She calls her bf some infantile cutesy name in public. with his friends around. :hsugh:

I seriously have to be like "I'm not going to respond to that until you say it like a grown woman"

21. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

See I don't take it that far. I don't talk like a baby and I think most pet names are ridiculous.

22. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

She's just being cute/playful. Every girl i've ever known well or dated had been like that with someone they care about. My current g/f does the baby talk and playful randomness ALL THE TIME.... but I also return it to her to some extent; I don't mind.... and for the most part is a cute/endearing.

I am not 15, nearly 23 in fact and I could give a shit if people might perceive it as immature... I tell her I would prefer she didn't do it in a public setting. I am not sure why this bothers you so much :ugh:

23. jmezz

:bowrofl: Why don't you ever talk in baby-talk to me you cute little shit?

Quoted this incase I need it for ammo in FN.

I'm jk, you're my boy rex. :love:

24. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Whatever bro, I got no shame :rofl:
    What keeps her happy keeps me happy ;)

I'll talk baby talk to you as the next phase... but first you've gotta get this slave-bitch thing down. Crying when I smack you around a bit and tie you up to a stainless steel swing isn't boding well for you though.

no homo

25. jmezz

And I love when my gf is goofy. I am serious and carry myself professionally most of the time, so I really thrive on times where I can act goofy and mindless with my gf.

I love to laugh over stupid things or things that make absolutely no sense whatsoever.