GF has HPV, and didnt tell me.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Poopshoot, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

A little background..
    My old fuck buddy/current GF and I have been having sex since march 07, in sept 07 she slept with someone else, which is cool we werent going out or anything, but he gave her HPV. She didnt know immediately she had it, and we still had sex. Come xmas time she gets the call she has precancerous cells on her cervix. We still werent going out. In March 08 we start dating. She never told me she had HPV.
    Fast forward to this past Saturday, she starts crying out of nowhere and tells me the truth. At first I was not that upset, but as the days have gone by, I am getting more and more pissed.
    I have talked with her multiple times about it and she didnt tell me because she thought I would cut her off and not talk to her again. I still like the girl, but I dont feel like I love her the same. My gut is telling me to cut it off, but my mind is telling me to stay. She still loves me and says she will do anything to make it right. I am not sure what to do, I cannot tell any of my friends or my parents because this is a very personal issue. Therefore I am seeking refuge on the Vag...
    Help me out vag, anyone else had this happen to them? Can anyone give me some sound advice on how to get this shit out of my head? I honestly can say this added 100% more stress to my life.. I just needed to vent pretty much...
    Cliffs: gf gave me HPV and didnt tell me, should I break it off or live with it?

2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

HPV really isn't a big deal at all...

The worst that will happen to you is you may get a wart or two which will have to be removed by a dermatologist. Although, iirc the strains that cause warts don't cause cancer of the uterus and vice versa. So really you are in the clear since you don't have a uterus.

Also, the exposure rates of HPV are sky high so there is a good chance if you have slept with other women that you already either have it or at least have been exposed to it.

I wouldn't worry about it but I would demand she get tested for everything else and you should do the same just to be safe.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sorry you were deceived, though in these times something like 1 out of every 2 girls has HPV and very very rarely does it really effect the male, they tend to just become carriers.

Also in these times you should be using condoms or getting tested if you are having lots of casual sex :dunno:

That all being said the point is she held an important fact about herself that now effects you which was selfish. In my honest opinion I can totally understand why this would tarnish her image for you. If my bf told me right now that he had an STD/STI and had known about it the whole time I don't think I'd look at him the same either. Whether you dump her is up to you though :dunno: If it's something you don't think you'll forget or forgive then you need to move on, because dragging out a relationship without trust will get you nowhere.

4. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

Yeah you are correct its very common I know, as far as testing goes, were both cool besides that. I appreciate the advice GT. I know its not really that big of a deal, but its just the fact she hid it from me that is really bothering me.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

If he breaks up with her anyway in a month and continues to sleep with 5 women in the future he would be passing on the strain. It may not effect him horribly, but for all we know the girl has a cancerous strain he could then pass on to his next partners.

But I do agree that if you stay with her you demand she gets fully tested and you yourself :dunno:

6. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

Sound advice. Although I was decieved, I think I may be able to get over it. It has only been 3 days since she told me, so it will take a little more time. I :dunno: I just really liked this girl and I hope I can feel that way again..

also wow fast replies hell yeah

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

That's a tough call because there is no way to test for HPV in men so even though he was exposed to it he may not even be a carrier for it. :dunno:

8. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

yeah what the fuck is that? How can there possibly be no way of testing for it? I just have to hope that the next person I sex doesnt get it? I know it only lasts for 1-2 years but thats a huge window of time that it may or may not be on my dick.

9. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Only 1-2 years? I thought you had it for life. :dunno:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

She can find out more from her gynecologist though. I still think he should be tested for other things as well :dunno: And he most likely is a carrier, it's just how it goes so the more info he finds out from the girl the better :(

Edit-Only lasts 1-2 years TS? WTF are you talking about?

11. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

http://www.cdc.gov/STD/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm

:rofl: yea we're all pretty much fucked when it comes to HPV

12. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

Wow, I could have sworn I read on the interweb it goes away in 1-2 years in men. I am searching for link.. but could very easily be wrong rofl

edit found 'a' link
    http://www.whfhhc.com/HPV/47168.htm

13. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

I am just happy I didnt contract the type that gives you warts, but that doesnt mean i am glad that I could potentially kill any of my future partners...
    I always talked shit about my roomies who got HPV from fucking huge whores, and here I am with the same shit from my girlfriend whom I thought was innocent.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

Just out of curiosity, what made you think she was "innocent?" She had casual sex with you and another guy,. Was she a virgin before you? I'm just asking because a lot of guys make comments like that when they realize certain girls they thought were "pure" have HPV (as if that makes them a whore).

15. Mindflux

Mindflux New Member

PSSST. A good chunk of the population has HPV. She isn't the first you've fucked with it, almost certain.

16. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

i mean innocent compared to these whores who come up in my house on the weekends. I didnt mean she was a complete angel, but as far as I know she isnt a whore. also, innocent = clean in the context I used above.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

:ugh: Why was I commented?

Ahh ok, I figured that is all you meant. The crazy thing about HPV now is that so many women have it you can't just assume only "whores" contract it. Sadly a girl can sleep with her 1st bf now and get it for life.

18. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

He prolly meant to quote me.
    Goddamn, I thought it was only a temporary virus... This is very sad because I am pretty sure I am not going to marry this girl, and now my future wife will probably not be interested unless she also has hpv :o and if she has the wart strain imma be PISSED

19. iwishyouwerebeer

How long have you been sleeping with her?

20. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

since march 07

21. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

if you cant forgive her for hiding the truth, then break up with her now.

it is true that a huge number of young women have hpv these days, but that doesnt change the fact that she should have been upfront with you about it from the beginning. would she hide other important information like this in the future?

22. Poopshoot

Poopshoot New Member

Who knows? I hope not, but am not sure what to think right now ya dig?

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah, half the people in this thread probably have it, too. Even people have have only been with 1 person.

24. BarDork

BarDork New Member

That sounds like a reason why STD/STI's are spread so much because people are afraid to tell their loved ones about it whom they are sleeping with. I can understand you not loving her the same because that is very deceitful. I look at it as, what if it wasn't HPV? It could have been Herpes or a different incurable disease. That's the main reason I would be angry.
    "Oh I thought you were going to cut me off so I gave you a disease that you have to explain to your next girlfriend if we don't work out." Ugh...

25. iwishyouwerebeer

A wart would have probably surfaced by now