GF hanging on other guys while drunk/buzzed

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Phuckyou, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Phuckyou

Phuckyou New Member

GF 23, I'm 21. Been seriously dating for ~6 months now.

There's a local band that plays at bars / outside events once or twice a week that we are both fans of. So, of course we go with a few others and drink and have fun and listen to the music.

Her and the lead singer know each other, and by know I mean: name, and the fact he's married and has like 2 kids... they've never hung out / talked outside of a concert that they've played at. She's been going to these concerts before me.

After shows the lead singer and her will always end up finding each other and always hug for at least 5 seconds, it's awkward as fuck for me... Sometimes she'll be so drunk she'll kind of drunk hang on him for quite a while and invite him out for drinks with us, talking in his ear and shit and claiming that she's just saying that he had a good show and what not (I believe her when she says that's it).

I've told her before that I hate it when she does that and should be hugging/hanging on me when she's drunk instead... am I wrong in that? am I overreacting? Her defense is that is just how she is and she cant really help it, which I honestly don't know how to respond to. She knows I don't like it when she does this.

Basically I'm wondering:

Am I right to be upset and expect her not to do this?
    Am I just overreacting?
    Is her excuse of "that's just how I am" really valid?
    Is this worth leaving her if she doesn't change?

And if I am right and this is a shitty thing for her to do... what can I possibly say to her that will make her see how shitty it really is, and it's not an excuse to do it because that's just how she is when she's drunk?

2. THoC

THoC New Member

Am I right to be upset and expect her not to do this?

are you right? its not a case of being right/wrong. it bothers you. you have expressed this. she refuses to stop.

Am I just overreacting?

im not a jealous person so i dont think it would bother me too much.

Is her excuse of "that's just how I am" really valid?

yes it is. the real question is... can you live with that?

Is this worth leaving her if she doesn't change?

depends on how much it bothers you. what else is going on in the RS.

3. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I think that she can help her behavior by drinking less. So if she doesn't want to take the steps to not do something that makes you so uncomfortable then you have to decide if that's a girl you want to be with :dunno:

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

You need to learn to set boundaries or leave her.

Some women don't understand that that shit is not cool. She wouldn't be doing it if she respected you, but it sounds like she doesn't.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

She's into him, it's simple as that :dunno:

The question is, do you want to put up with that kind of behavior from her? It's not just about her hugging a guy and/or "hanging" on him while drunk, it' that you've expressed your feeling and she doesn't care.

6. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Of course she can help it. :ugh:

the question here is can you live with her behavior?

7. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

It kind of makes you wonder what would happen if she was drunk and you weren't there huh? Personally, I couldn't handle the behavior myself. IMO it's disrespectful to you. I'd lay down the boundaries and if she didn't want to get with the program, I'd leave her.

Life is too short to be involved in relationships that are embroiled in turmoil and drama.

8. themolsen

themolsen New Member

You need to draw a clear line of what's acceptable and what's not. If she keeps doing it even though she knows it bothers you, DROP HER. Why would you put up with that shit? And like the poster above me said, who knows what would happen when you're not around. She obviously doesn't respect you much if she can't keep her hands to herself even when you're around... Just sayin; I've been there.

9. Reign

Reign Banned

You need to play the game right. While she's bustin out on some other guy go find some other girl to hit on. Do unto others.... It's all in the Bible son... it's the pranksters Bible.

For real though, that shit would defintiely not be cool in my book. Sounds like a cheater to me...

10. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

"she can't really help it"

:ROFL:

I hope you didn't believe that for a second

[​IMG]

All I can say if that it's a big world out there, and you don't have to settle for someone who only slightly into you, but very very into a local band singer. This is a break up worthy issue. Your woman is showing far too much interest in someone else, and is basically disrespecting you to your face. The fact that she ignores your protect with a pathetic defense means you either gotta call her out on it and pull her head out of her ass, or you gotta move on if it won't budge. :hs:

11. themolsen

themolsen New Member

In for an update, aka details of the breakup

12. Ep

Ep Guest

yeah wow, bitch. ditch her

I hate to be telling people to break up all the time but some of these stories are just.. wow

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

OT will say you're being insecure.

I say you're right to be concerned. Being drunk isn't an excuse; it's still part of your personality.

If you're unhappy with it, end the relationship.

You can tell her, but she'll just hide it from you. She is showing that she likes to flirt when she is drunk and that's part of her personality and not something she can "shut off" because it makes you upset. And if she were to "shut it off" it would build resentment and she would end up cheating on you.

14. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:werd:

It's two gestures of disrespect to the TS:
    1) Hanging all over another guy right in front of him
    2) Refusing to stop doing that when asked

Tell her that she knocks that shit off or you leave and actually have the balls to follow through. If you don't have balls... well... enjoy tasting another man's dick in her mouth.

15. D7

D7 OT Supporter

Dude, you're 21. You should be a man whore. Read Abomb's What Every Skinny Guy Should Know thread, hit the gym and pull pussy (and always use a condom)

16. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

i certainly wouldn't tolerate it

if i were in your shoes and had already warned her not to do it anymore, the next time she did it i would leave her there and not take her calls for awhile

17. Dnias

Dnias New Member

Drop her like a bad habit.