GF broke up with me

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Pete, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Pete

Pete "Thats what I heard"

Been dating for a while. Had a good time. I was her first bf since her and her ex fiance split up about a 1 and 1/2 ago. She told me that she has a hard time opening up to guys. Dated a few but always quit after a couple weeks but somehow I "got in" as her and her friends/family put it. They all think I'm a great guy and I know she does as well. The reason she broke up with me was her saying that basically she is just not able to open up yet and is not ready for a bf yet and that it is not fair to me to drag me along. She said she still wants to be friends and hang out like most girls do. I got pissed and said that I couldn't be friends with her then she got pissed that I said that. She said "Well if you like me so much and think I'm such a great person then why can't we still be friends?" I just told her it would be too hard for me right now but maybe further down the line. I still really like her a lot and would date her again but the thought of friends stresses me out. I’m not really sure what exactly I'm looking for by posting this but has anyone else been in this situation or have any advice? I personally have never gotten back together with an ex before but I know people do it all the time. I know I have to cut contact from her for awhile and if we get back together it is going to have to start on her end but... man I am stress out.

Thanks for any help OT

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Hey, at least she was honest. Unfortunately she was not honest sooner, because if she was she would have never started dating you in the first place-but I can understand her plight and the hope that maybe she could fall for another guy so fast. Her wanting and thinking you can be friends so fast though IMO is not a great sign...I hate to say it, but from a girl who has felt that way before it's sometimes a subconscious way of admitting she wasn't that into you and won't have a problem just being friends with you right away.

For your sake I wouldnt talk to her for a long while, not until you are definitely over her, because there is no way you can be just "friends" right now. Don't fill your head with hope that maybe down the line you can get back together. She needs a lot more time toget over her failed engagement and work on her trust in men. Let her do that with other men.

3. Pete

Yeah that makes sense. Hard to hear but I understand. Im not sure as to when she wanted to start hanging out again as friends but that doesnt really matter. I was in a similar place as her a few years ago and wouldn't let my self open up to any girl either, so I understand that part. Some I would date now and others I wouldn't. This is me holding on to some hope which hopefully I loose in the next day or too because it is just not worth the stress. Sucks that she was such a cool girl, way different then what I normally date. Maybe that is one reason I liked her so much. She was something different.

4. DoucheBag

DoucheBag New Member

i was kinda in the same situation. except we were never officially "together"
    we did everything a couple would do. hang out. sex. cuddle. i met all of her friends... went to dinner with the family regularly. blah blah

her excuse for not being "together" was becuase she wasnt ready for a relationship. Her previous BF was about 2 years before we started doing anything. but techincally.. he had moved for work... and they never saw eachother.. and he was living (get this) with another woman. she always talked shit about him.. he hated me ( :rofl: ) so add all that up.. and it was like 4 years they werent together. she had pretty much broke it off with him. she chose me over him. but not really :o

it was a horrible experience... we had our falling out.. she still wanted to be friends.. we tried that.. things quickly went back to the way they were... then something happened.. another falling out... i simply told her to fuck off.. and i havent looked back since. (havent spoken to her either)

5. Pete

:Updated:

So I get a random call from her yesterday. She left a voicemail, "Hey its me, just seeing how things are going. Hope all is well and you should give me a call when you have a chance."

WTF is up with that? and should I call or forget it?

6. iwishyouwerebeer

She's pretty much doing what every girl does when they dump a guy. They almost always evaluate their actions a few weeks down the line. Do you honestly think after only a month she is now ready to let you in as her boyfriend? Do you think after one month now she is over her ex fiancee? I doubt it. Almost always it is just that the girl misses the attention and company.

It's up to you. I'm sure if you call her back you'll start to have feelings for her all over again after having a month to try and get over her. The fact still remains that you could probably be out trying to meet women who don't have as much baggage at the moment. She still needs time IMO.

7. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

So did you date for a year and a half or that's just how long it's been since she broke up with her ex-fiance?

8. Pete

since the ex

9. Pete

Im not really sure what I want. (besides my dvds back haha) sucks.

10. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

You can go in a never ending loop of shittiness by getting in contact with her, having hope that something might happen but won't, or you can try to have some decency for yourself and break the cycle. Eventually you'll forget her.

11. steviebeast

steviebeast OT Supporter

This is so true. My ex texted me and wants to remain "great friends," but I just cant deal with it. The healthiest thing to do is just cut her off completely.

12. Abomb

Abomb New Member

staying 'friends' with your ex's and giving up the pussy is a "choade" thing to do. once your girl is like "hey, we can still chill etc but you can not stick your cock in me" is usually when you are supposed to go "thats cool, see ya around"

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

or maybe she actually does care about him as a friend and just wants to see how he's doing

14. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

What if she wants to be friends, but still lets you stick it her too :eek3:

(Just got finished with THAT cycle, lol)

15. Abomb

Abomb New Member

thats always sweet

16. iwishyouwerebeer

Maybe so :dunno: But considering he still cares about her he would just cause more stress in his life by succumbing to her right now if she just "wants to be friends."

17. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

At first it's fucking awesome.

You get to have sex without any relationship attachments. But after a while, it becomes a huge emotional headache for the both of you (at least in my case) :rolleyes:

18. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

That may be true, but I don't really think neither is ready to be friends with each other. It's obvious he cares about her still.
    OP both of you need some time to get over each other. You can't truly be friends with someone you still have feelings for, because friends won't be enough. Who knows what may happen in the future, I've had life throw me some pretty big curveballs this year and let me tell you, in the relationship area I'm really happy right now and I never could've imagined that I'd be where I am right now. You never know when/if you'll get back with someone or if what you have is love. But, right now you're not in a position where there's the possibility to be with her. So, what I suggest is to let her go. With time you'll find that either she will come back to you or you will find someone else. It's just the twists and turns of life.