GF attempted to drop the "L" bomb and freaked me out.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Neuman, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Neuman

Neuman New Member

background:
    me - 20, got out of a year and a half long relationship in december...been dating current gf for about a month

her - 18, first relationship she's had in a while...stated "best" relationship she's had.

last couple nights we have been hangin out in bed (makin out/whatnot) when she stops and just stares at me for a while...gets this goofy half grin on her face...basically, i could tell she wanted to get something of her. she even stammered a "I"...and i was like "WHAT?"

anywho, today i confronted her about it and plainly asked if she was gunna say "i love you" and she said yes.

and this has gotten me spooked. cause if she actually got it out of her the other night...i wouldnt have said it back. i told her this.

ahhh....i cant stop thinking about it. i've been acting quieter around her..and she has told me she can tell im acting different, and wishes she could take back what happened.

i do like the girl...and i do like the relationship we have...but love...LOVE.......i wonder if i am even the right guy for her right now since i cant give that back to her, ya know? i wonder...what am i doing with this girl? look at how open and vunerable she is to me right now...am i just going to hurt her?

so i guess...my question is...wtf do i do? i really just want to stop thinking about it. but i dont know if that is possible.

thanks!

cliffs....chick is more serious about the relationship then me it seems...what do i do.

2. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

it's important that you communicate your feelings about her... TO HER. let her know that she's going too fast. you've been dating each other a month? A MONTH? :eek3: it took me 5 years to tell my best friend+ that i loved him (he said it first). (just to add a note, he's the only one that i've said that to.)

honestly, there's no way you can love someone so soon. it just doesn't happen like that. she doesn't even know the real "you" yet... but you understand this. ;)

bottom line... let her know how you feel. :bigthumb: good job telling her that you wouldn't have reciprocated had she gone through with it.

3. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

5 years ??? :ugh2:

But yeah, she's obviously overwhelmed by just being in a relationship and doesnt know what she is feeling and it snot love ... if anything, its just really really strong attraction towards you.

You can either abuse this and turn her into your little sex slave or you can be a gentleman and do right and tell her how you feel and it can either be good or bad, depending on how mature she is ... and judging by the story, she wont take it well.

Good luck either way, :hs:

4. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

um...ya....

5. Neuman

Neuman New Member

well...i already have pretty much told her how i feel...the only thing that is bugging me is my concious...

im sure the previous scenerio wont happen again anytime soon...just cause the way she reacted to me telling her how i felt was.. "sorry...i wish this whole thing never happened...i dont want you to be weirded out" etc etc.

so i guess it's just kind of up to me to get over the whole thing?

6. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

Better than 2 weeks.

7. Bouwnt

Bouwnt choppa choppaaa

5 years, jesus..

8. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

Wow...5 years? I told my wife after about 2 or 3 months. (Obviously, before we were married kids)

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

She sounds clingy however how do you know that she really doesnt love you. Some people can really love someone in a short amount of time and its not your position or anyone one here to say that she doesnt really love you. Yes, it is most likely just some infatuation and not really love, but how can you be sure? Just because she feels that way doesnt mean you need to love her back, just enjoy the fact that you are loved by someone you hang out with.

If you are uncomfortable with her saying she loves you, then she should have no problem holding back her emotions till you are comfortable if she really does love you.