TAT Getting your SO's name tattoo'd on you

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cerridwen, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Other than the obvious reason of why not too.. why do so many people try to talk others out of this?
    I'd really like to get my husband's name added to my tattoo that already has my daughter's name on it. I have been told this is such a bad idea.
    Why?
    How many people really regret doing something like this later on?

2. KungFool7

KungFool7 keep driving—it's getting earlier

What if your husband fucks your sister and gets herpes from her and then gives them to you.

You want that name on your arm?

that's why.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

considering my sisters are still children... (insert pukey smilie here cuz I can't find it)

Either way it goes, he will still have been a huge part of my life.
    Yes I would be taking the chance of regreting it should we divorce, but other than that are there any reasons not to?
    Oh, and it's not on my arm ;)

edit: I could just marry another Henry lol

4. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i know this really cool/funny/wierd guy who gets random tattoos on his leg where nobody can see them unless he really wants to show them, but he has a taco bell sign and friends signatures, just random stuff, but he's dating this girl and got her name tattood on him the day after they met, weren't even dating yet. He says if he ever breaks up with her he will just get a guy with an axe cutting her name in half and add a trashcan underneat it..

so theres an idea if he ever does leave you or visa versa

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:mamoru: I thought about a VOID stamp over it.
    But seriously... I don't anticipate that to happen (yes, I know most people say this and statistics say otherwise).

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

its a jinx. unless youv'e been together for 30+ yes our shop wont do it

7. Laurel

Laurel New Member

why not just get a symbol of something that reminds you of him?

8. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

"its a jinx. unless youv'e been together for 30+ yes our shop wont do it"

Your shop just got some point in my book.

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

really?
    We've been together for almost 8, married for close to 6.

10. chakup

chakup Guest

I just got my wife's name this past summer. We've been married 5 years and been together 8 years. In my book your married for life.

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:) That's how we feel. We've been through a LOT together, I can't imagine too much where we wouldn't make it through. I am NOT the type of person (and neither is my husband) to run away from trouble in our relationship.
    I will see if I can take a decent pic of my tattoo to see what you all would think of how it would look best.

12. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I'd never get it done, ad if my fiancee ever wanted to then I'd advise against it. I think something symbolizing it (that you also like as just a piece of art) would be better. Then if something should ever happend, at least you don't have an ex's name tattooed on you. :)

13. xela

xela So say we all!

I would never get anyone's name tattooed on me. Just not a risk I'm willing to take. I mean...anything can happen.

14. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

I would never get a name tattooed on my unless it was my childs' name. other than that..something "bad" is bound to happen, like someone said, it's just a jinx.

15. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

very close friends of our shop had been together since they were 12/13... at 30years old they finally decided to get married(after living together since 19). 6 months after the wedding they both came and got each others names tattooed. Seeing as they were good friends we tried for hours to talk them outta it. They wouldnt hear it. 1 year later they got a divorce and now HATE each other. We all thought these 2 would never part but the tattoo jinxed it.

16. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I understand where you are all coming from, but I guess I look at it differently. This tattoo encompases religion and family, and I intend on adding to it as life happens (more children etc).
    I still need to really think it through ;) :o

17. xela

xela So say we all!

Don't do it!

18. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

trust me, it would NOT be an impulsive move if I did.

19. Razzbuten

Razzbuten OT Supporter

a good friend of mine had his GF's name on his wrist. When they broke up he had it made into a grave with a tombstone with a nice R.I.P. on it. was pretty funny for those that knew the whole story. Most just thought it was a grave.

20. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:ugh: I hate boob tattoos.
    This is on my lower back (yes I know, pretty typical for a girl :o but I like it there). I'd like to place his name below my daughter's.
    My daughter took the picture, so it doesn't quite show it all, sorry. (BTW-it's not crooked, it's a combination of my 8 year old taking the pic and the way i'm standing)
    And thank you for your vote of confidence :)[​IMG]

21. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:ugh2:
    Alright.. because you said so I'm going right now! :rofl: (just teasing)
    Like I said, it (like any other tattoo I may get) will not be an impulsive decision.

22. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Yes we're married, but my daughter is his stepdaughter (he's been around since she was 1, so to her he's the only dad she's ever known).

23. btm

btm New Member

i would never do this.

24. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

This was more along the lines of my thinking. My tattoo is a symbol of my life that is and what's to come. He IS such a huge part of my life, and that will never change (that he at least was a huge part of my life if something should happen).

25. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I hate word tattoos. Why not just get a symbol of him?