Getting the urge....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by wholefnshow, Dec 14, 2008.

1. wholefnshow

wholefnshow New Member

I've been out of the sportbike scene for almost 2 years now. I sold my last bike before my son was born. I have a nice size bonus coming my way in spring & I've been giving alot of thought to getting another bike.

I've owned 2 bikes in my lifetime. First was an '00 GSX-R600, followed by an '04 GSX-R1000. My question is, is Suzuki still the way to go? I know that between my 04 1k, my friend's 05 R1, and my other friends 04 RC51...my Gixxer was the most comfortable to ride. Does that still hold true? I've heard some people say some great things about the new Honda 1000RR's.

Opinions, suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

If everyone was built the same, then what others say about a brand being more comfortable would mean something. Since we are all different, it doesn't mean jack shit.
    Go park your ass on a bunch and see what fits you.

3. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

How tall are you? What's your inseam and sleeve length?
    What do you want to do with this bike?
    Where will you be riding?
    Also, if you find a gixxer comfortable, you've never been on a comfortable bike before. I guess if you're short, a gixxer would be nice, but for me at 6'4, I got on, and got right back off. R1 and R6 were just as bad. I didn't even need to ride either of those to know that I'd be miserable.
    BMW's are all pretty comfortable in general, and make riding so much more relaxed. K1200LT and R1200RT are very nice cruising bike.
    Guy I met got the four-corners award, visit the 4 corner states(and a total of 25 states) and 50 national parks, on a R1200RT. Went through 32 states, and 105 parks with no problems. Did it in I believe 38 days.
    They also make the K1200R and K1200 S and BMW HP2 which are all more sport-bikes.

However it's hard to suggest bikes without knowing what you want to do.