SRS Getting the spark back...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by verbal, Jul 21, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Some of you might remember my thread last week. I'll answer any questions if you wanna know anything.

Basically, we're trying to see if we can get the spark back. I've been doing things differently that past couple days and she has noticed.

I'm making this topic cause I'd like to hear from others how they got the spark back in their relationship. Any good stories? Any stories how your relationship was pretty much over but you turned it around? How did you win your SO back?

I'm also hear for tips. Any ideas that would make her melt. Thing with this situation is I already know how to make her melt because we've been together for three years. It's easier to do that when it's a new relationship vs. an established one. I could use some new things to get the spark going again.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

She needs to come read/participate in this thread to see how SHE can ALSO get ideas on how to get the spark back from you.

This cannot be all on you, or it is already doomed to fail.

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

Never said it was going to be.

4. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Remember how things were when you two first dated? I've always found that the best way to get the spark back is to remind of each other of why/how you fell in love.

5. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

^^ 2nd

6. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

^^3rd

Visit places/take her on dates where your first met/kissed or where your relationship began. Remind her and yourself of the past, of how it all began.

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

What spark are you getting back? The girl is almost certainly cheating on you. She's not sexually attracted to you because you have no backbone and put up with her treating you like shit. Stand up for yourself and act like a man and maybe she'll want something to do with you. Although if you were doing that then you wouldn't put up with HER.

8. RedZ71

RedZ71 Large Marge sent me.

pick up the book "his needs, her needs". it will give you exactly what you need to know about falling in love again. there is also a lot of online information about this book and lots of other stuff from the author at http://www.marriagebuilders.com/.

myself, i read everything that guy has to offer, and i was ready and motivated to make my marriage work. my wife, was not willing to participate (and thus, the marriage failed because both ppl have to be onboard with the desire to work it out).

9. keysmachine

keysmachine New Member

i don't know enough about the original situation but whenever i hear of people that want to rekindle a spark that's long gone i really cringe at the thought.

Think about it, how much more difficult is it to get a small dwindling flame back to full blast? you put fuel into the fire, easy right? it is.

now think about how easy it is to get a flame started again after its gone completely out. Its a lot harder and involves a little to much work sometimes, the only way to relight the fire is by getting a whole new fire to start the old one back up.

Think about that before you decide to enthrall yourself in some epic crusade to rekindle a dead relationship.