GUN getting the pro-gun message out

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by YesterdaysGone, Oct 19, 2006.

1. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

it occurs to me that there are enough people that actively want to send a message to america NOT to ban guns, etc... what about buying airtime on a network, and saying what we want to say? we could group buy a good airtime package, if we were to organize and really make a team effort of it... figure that right now with political messages swarming the tv, there has got to be time to buy... so why not make a pro-gun ad, and air it?

and along with the campaign ads, put at the end, "i am an american who loves this country, and i approve this ad."

something to get our message out, right?

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I fast forward commericals

3. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Or you could just post it on youtube and then we could all post them on our myspaces :run:

4. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

In for that :mamoru:

But seriously, youd have to make sure as hell you picked a network that was for the most part watched by gun owners. Maybe OLN? :dunno:

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Take a new person to the range. Show them shooting is fun and safe. Thats about the biggest thing you can do.

6. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

why preach to the choir? Lets buy it on CNN :eek3:

7. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I second this. There's no reason to make hunters and people that already own guns aware. We'll never change the minds of the anti-gunners, the people who irationally disregard numerous studies and facts about gun control and base their decisions solely on emotion. The people we need to bring on our side are the non-shooters, the ones that don't want to shoot but aren't against other people doing it. I'd imagine this is probably close to the majority of the people. It's real easy to turn this people either way, we just need to make sure we get more to turn pro instead of anti. It's real easy for a person to make a mistake and convince someone to go anti, we as responsible gun owners just need to make sure we set the right example and educate as many people as possible.

8. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Why those people aren't the ones we would want to reach, they aready know that guns are a right and that the are as safe as the person using them. The pro-gun message needs to get out to people who have no experaince with gun but what the media shows them . . . maybe CNN watchers or something

9. Gimik

Gimik New Member

:werd:

10. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Joining the NRA is the first step, the more money they have the better they can defend our rights.

11. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

how about we come up with an informative website, have loads of links to good information and factual statistics.

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

The NRA seems so terribly awful at it though. The ACLU has less money, less members, and the other 9 amendments of the bill of rights to worry about and they seem to get a lot more done. The NRA seems to just be eager to try to get people to renew to get the latest goods that look like something you'd buy in a truckstop. Its better than nothing but I'd sure like to see something better. But I've got my beefs with GOA too so....