getting SO headunit for cmas, need aux for dell dj, suggestions?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 01000101, Nov 26, 2005.

1. 01000101

01000101 New Member

I'm thinking about getting my girlfriend a headunit for christmas. She's got a very base level 05 Cobalt and the headunit is a joke, but I know nothing about car audio.

I read the sticky, and of the three $100-$200, the Panasonic CQ-C8300U looks the best. She got a Dell DJ mp3 player as a bonus for the apartment/dorm she's living in, and I want her to be able to plug that in.

What will I need to do to get the DJ to work? Is $200 a good price for this unit? It's got more features than I was planning to get, is there another in the $100-$200 that is a better deal?

Thanks for your time.

2. caddymac

caddymac New Member

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Chevy run a lot of stuff through the HU? If so, you will either have to keep the HU in the car somewhere or use an adapter to keep factory functions.

I'd probably just go for an aux input adapter and leave it at that, but that's just me.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

nah, all it controls these days is the door chimes. an adaptor will make it work fine. The panasonics usually have aux input RCAs, so you don't have to do anything else.