getting seriouslly pissed...please help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by georgelb, Sep 21, 2003.

1. georgelb

georgelb Guest

Ok, I have tried downloading a mandrake 9.1 ISO about three times from different servers, and every time the download completes without any errors. However, when I go to my download directory and look at the file...it is only 120 megs or less. But I watch it download over 500 megs. WTF is going on? I thought I might have a virus of some kind so I downloaded the latest definitions (sep 19) and ran Norton with no viruses found.

I am running Win XP pro with all the latest updates and have 24 gigs of free space on the drive I am downloading to.

The same thing happens with Slackware, SuSe, FreeBSD, etc...
    Any ideas?

2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:dunno:

have you cleared your cache lately?

3. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

if that dosent do anything, get a download program, try DAP (download accelerator pro) and see if that works?

4. georgelb

georgelb Guest

Yes, cache was cleared...several times. But now that you say that...my internet cache is on a ram drive and is only 128 megs. That could be the problem. I will switch it to a physical drive and see what happens.

5. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

good idea :bigthumb:

if that does work, try using IE's repair feature (you can get to it under control panel, add/remove programs under IE's listing) and see if that fixes it - :dunno: if it will but you never know.

6. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

Thanks,

good idea as well, but that wont work with XP...that'll work with 2000, IE version 5.5, not 6 in 2K, and all IE version of 95,98, and ME

I guess I learn a bit from work, so I guess it's not completally useless :hs: