Getting rid of acne?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Figured this was a decent place to ask since I remember seeing stuff about it a while back.

I have started getting a bit of acne on my face... but that is the only place. None on the back, none on the chest or legs... Just the side of my face, which is kinda odd since I am 22 years old :hsugh:

No I am not on gear, and I wash my face every single day, sometimes twice a day with an apricot scrub.

Not sure what else to try... it's on and off. Sometimes I have none, othertimes I get outbreaks for God knows why :squint:

2. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

www.acne.org
    Follow the regime religiously and you'll be clear in a few months.

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Lots of good info there, thanks man.

Is is possible that could be too harsh for me? I was looking at the pics of people's "before" and I am nowhere near that bad.... I just have some redness, blotchiness, and irritation acne.
    I want something that works, so i'll probably try this, I just don't want to over-do it.

Thanks again!

4. Plan B

Plan B New Member

make any huge changes to your diet recently?

5. Plan B

Plan B New Member

maybe a new protein source?

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

go see a dermatologist..

7. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

:werd: to Alaya

I have relatively oily skin and used to exfoliate every day. When my tan went away after summer I started to get some acne on shoulders and back because I couldn't fry them off from the sun anymore.

Turns out I was exfoliating too much.

I dialed it down on the face and body to no more than twice a week and it's done a good job of fading.

8. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

mayeb you're just going through puberty finally?

9. deznutz

deznutz New Member

accutane will solve these problems,
    Dont worry, doesnt affect my lifting

10. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

how do you guys get rid of bacne? I started getting it pretty bad a few months ago and washing my back with face wash doesnt work and it's starting to go on my chest

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

apricot scrub sounds awful homo. I've noticed that a lot of my friends who break out at 20+ years old are the ones who use acne wash and scrubs and all sorts of stupid shit. Just rinse your face off if it's dirty and when you take a shower either just rinse it off or use a very light soap, I use this stuff called Cetaphil, it's not a soap and does not have stuff in it that will fuck up your skin. Also moisturize your face if it's dried out (get fragrence-free moisturizer, I like the Cetaphil brand), just don't continue using soap or strong cleansers on your face, IMO that's worse for it than not washing it at all in a lot of cases.

I took accutane when I was 14 because my acne had been terrible since I was 11. It's been like 6 years and I still don't break out bad at all. If it's real bad, go for it... but be prepared for the shitty side effects (worth it IMO if you have a real problem).

12. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

My sarcasm detector is not sure what to think of this, lol...

But incase you're being serious, no this is not the case. I am 22 and my voice changed at about 12, I get 24-hour shadow on my face, stopped growing some time ago, etc.. etc...

I am WELL past puberty.

I had acne in my earlier years of high school at like 15/16 like all kids, and then it stopped for a few years and the last year or so it has been on and off.

13. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

im been using proactive from the recommandations from some friends...its been ok so far...how is that stuff?

14. JeffMerr

JeffMerr Guest

:werd:

/thread

15. JeffMerr

JeffMerr Guest

You can purchase tubes of BP from acne.org for pretty cheap, just apply some on your shoulders/upper back after you shower.

16. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Accutane is not something I want to deal with.

Like I said, it is not horrible acne with tons of white heads of anythings... It is basically just a few red blotchy spots on the side of my face and the occasional ones on the forehead. Nothing so serious as to need accutane, but just the same I want it gone and I am taking basic measure that SHOULD be preventing it all together (washing face, using scrubs, etc..)

One problem though is that I never moisturize my face, and my g/f says this could be the reason.

Should I try the Benzoyle Peroxide and then use an oil-free moisturizer afterwards? Kinda like that acne.org thing posted?

17. :|

:| Guest

lush's fresh farmacy soap

18. jonno

jonno New Member

yah lets recommend accutane to someone who probably has like 3 pimples that could easily be treated by some BP

19. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

I'm 30 and I still get acne. Proactive is the only thing I have ever used that 100% cleared me up.

20. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

From what I have been reading, proactive is just a more expensive version of the acne.org regimine right?

Just a cleanser, bp, and moisturizer?

I guess i'll order the acne.org thing and see if that does the trick.

21. Memor

Memor Active Member

i used to have it on my back REALLY bad until earlier this year. Dermatologist put me on minocycline + some cream that would bleach my sheets/clothes if it came in contact with them, 3 months of that did the trick :rofl:

22. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Yeah, haha... I've heard bad things about Accutane and maybe if I was REALLY bad I might consider it, but honestly I only have a few pimples which are mostly red blotchiness and bumps around the cheek and jaw-line.

It really seems like more of an allergy/irritation thing that is causing mild acne to spark up.

I guess BP is the way to go :x:

23. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Basically every morning when I shave I use a St. Ives gentle apricot scrub afterwards and at night I use the more exfoliating St. Ives "beaded" apricot scrub.
    Both cleansers and no, I don't use a moisturizer (probably should though).

I was recommended this, and it helps keep my face clean but it often feels red and dry.

I am thinking about trying that Clean & Clear Advantage kit you linked since I can pick it up at the store and see how that works. If nothing changes after a month then i'll move onto trying the acne.org regimine which seems a bit more "hardcore".

24. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

25. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

too many guys posting about exfoliating in this thread :run:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.