A&P Getting prints for your pictures

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by FlashhslaF, Jun 12, 2008.

1. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

Allright so i took some pics of someone's daughter and they'd like to get them printed.

I know absolutely nothing about getting prints done and how to go about it. They'd like to have a higher resolution picture for printing.

1. Do I give them the Raw file and have them take it to Kinko's or whatever to have them do a bit of PP and print it. I'm guessing they will be able to print the jpg with the correct color format. OR do these printing places only take jpgs?

2. I give them the JPG outputed with Adobe RGB and they take those files to somewhere and have them printed?

If i give them the jpg, how do i make sure that i've saved it with full resolution jpg file from Lightroom 2.0 beta?

Do i use Adobe RGB or Prophoto colorspace? What about the resolution?

any suggestions on how to go about this?

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I'd take raw, do post processing, save it as high quality TIFF or JPG and give that to them in Adobe RGB.

Just export it from lightroom and set the file type to whatever and don't resize it.

3. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

thanks.... i saved them with the resolution @ 300 Pixels per inch...Don't know if that would make any difference or not.