SRS Getting over her

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by skinny_bones4, Apr 25, 2008.

1. skinny_bones4

skinny_bones4 New Member

Well its official...I broke up with my girlfriend. Haha no i'm not doing this to advertise myself for an online relationship. It is because i'm just wondering if I made the right decision. I talked to a few people before I did it, and some people thought that it was about time, and some was wondering why now? Well let me give you the story. I got together with her one the like 23rd of January. me and her had the same class, and when she finally got texting, she started flirting with me and we eventually got together. But the problem was, since then, we have never acted like a couple. We have never kissed, held hands, or done any sort of intimate relationship thing. And when we are around other people, we acted like we were friends...but on the plus, we did eventually was able to hug before going to our current class. And we knew nothing about eachother, and yesterday we just finally started asking eachother questions to find out. And the only way we seemed like a couple was when we texted. She would say i was sweet and whatnot. I think that I'm partially to blame for not being a good boyfriend because in my last relationship (like 3+ years ago), i tried to do all i could to treat her nice, know her better, and get serious. But in return she threw it back in my face. I guess i'm just hesitant to be the same way towards other people, fearing that it would result the same way. So i don't really know whats going on. And usually when i break up with someone, or get dumped, i usually don't lose a bit of sleep. But last night i tossed and turned, and when i listened to delta's song "Lost without you", it did nearly bring me to tears, thinking that i made a grave mistake. I really need to talk to someone, because i think i broke her heart, and i just want to know if i made the right decision. :hs:

2. kiri

kiri New Member

ok wait. so you've been "dating" for a couple months, and you've almost never touched each other? are you sure you were actually in a relationship? serious question, because if the ONLY time you guys ever talked was via text, that doesn't sound like a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

What the hell?

There;s nothing to get over, that wasn't a relationship. You "got to the point where you would hug before class?"

That's great....if you're 12.

How old are you?

It sounds like you were never anything more than friends, and not even good/close friends at that. Not to mention it sounds incredibly boring and pointless.

Again, all will be forgiven if it turns out you're 12, but come on, if you're older than 15, this is just sad.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

lol

Since Matt has now proven how superior he is to you.. :hsugh:

Does she actually care as much as you think she does?? Are you actually concerned about this?

5. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

Well, it seems to me she wasn't looking for a relationship, but thought you were nice and went along with it.

I'm really not going to comment on this because it really wasn't a relationship, it seemed to never take off from the dating stage.

As for future relationships, I noticed you said you are afraid of having the same outcome so you may treat them differently because of that fear. This is very normal, but 100% completely damaging to a relationship. That fear will prevent you from being able to move forward, and things will drag on for as long as you allow that fear to take over, or the girl will end things.

Before you get into another relationship I highly suggest you take some time to yourself, or get someone to talk to, professional or not, to where you can overcome this fear so your next relationship may grow and be a positive one.

6. skinny_bones4

skinny_bones4 New Member

I'm 16, and a reason why i broke up with her was because we never were close. I felt the same way that you all think of this right now. Thats a big reason why i ended it. But since i last posted on here, she has texted me wanting to know why i broke up with her. I have given her many reasons countless times, but doesn't seem to get the hint. And then she texted me that she was either crying her eyes out, or on the verge of tears, and that she couldn't stop thinking about how sweet I was. Well first of all, I haven't express anything sweet, except complement about what she was wearing, buying her something, or doing a good deed. I told her that i was nothing like other guys were. But for some reason she thinks that i am the greatest thing that has happened to her. I have no idea why.

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Sounds like she has maybe NO experience with the physical part of a normal relationship....or she had something bad happen in the past, and thinks it was sweet of you to not push things physically.

As for giving a reason...who said you had to? I say, don't try to hint. Either flat out tell her, or don't tell her at all.

You were unhappy with the relationship, so you ended it. That's all that really matters.

8. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

You've dated for almost 4 months with none of that. Have you even tried to kiss her or take it further?

When I was your age I was bustin out the popcorn trick in the movie theatre.

What the hell is wrong with the youth today?

9. durka x 3

durka x 3 New Member

Internet. :ugh2:

10. johan

johan Active Member

This did not sound like a normal or healthy relationship.

It is also entirely possible she was too naive or inexperieced or awkward to be able to participate in a normal relationship.

Or maybe she was never that serious about you.

Whatever the root cause, it's somewhat irrelevant because the outcome clearly shows that you two are not good together.

And now, you're done, and its time to move on and continue to grow up.

end of story.