SRS Getting over a crush...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bleed, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Bleed

Bleed New Member

My friend just told me she has a crush on me. I'm dating another girl that I really like right now so I told her honestly. She hasn't returned any of my calls latley. I've known her for about 2 months and I think she's pretty upset. How long do you think it will take for her to get over it and we can hang out again?

Anything I can do to make this easier for her?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well it is my best bet that she will read your sms that you send to her anyway. So i would send her a comforting mail , that although you really like her, that you are currently in a relationship and that you hope for her to understand that you do really love her, but that something between you two might only happen if your current relationship doesn't work out.

Maby this will relative her thoughts and soothen her wounds a bit. :sad2:

3. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

I don't know if you want to pitch it to her that she's the 2nd choice....but I think you did what was fair and you told her honestly that your heart was set on another woman.

How many times some of us guys bitched and moaned when a woman tells us "let's just be friends" but they don't say why? Now the tables have turned.

Just treat her like a friend, acknowledge her feelings, thank her for taking that big risk to tell you, and tell her she does mean something to you but unfortunately not in the way she was hoping not because it's any fault of hers...but because your heart just led you in another direction.

If she can somehow accept that...then you can hopefully continue as good friends.

4. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

That's rather :highschool: isn't it?

So you known her for 2 months, and now she tells you she likes you... you are honest and tell her you don't feel the same way, and she ignores you. Classic.

Not much you can do... you were honest, and thats that. All you can do is give her time to realize that shes on the friend ladder (funny when a guy puts a girl on it :mamoru: ).

If you want, you COULD send her an email... and tell her you don't want to lose her as a friend... up to you.

5. Bleed

Bleed New Member

She just texted back. Said we could be friends. Either way, we probably won't be hanging out too much.

I was in her position a few months ago. It sucked. :wtc:

6. dukedevil0

dukedevil0 Stop looking at me, swan.

:hug: Sometimes people only see you in a certain way. If she always saw you as being/becoming more than a friend, it will be difficult for her to let that go. I'm currently in that situation (as you know) and I'm trying to tone down my feelings to just be friends with the girl I liked. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. In the meantime, give her attention, but space to get over things.

7. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I find that the heartpain brought from that type of thing (having a crush on a person and them rejecting you) would be too much. if i knew a girl that had a crush on me but i didn't paticularly like, i would not know what to do.

do you let them go? or stay around them so they won't be hurt? if #2, you are just gonna make them more attracted and more hurt if it has to end. but why let them go if they are a good friend?

the shit hurts. their are few souls that can't be hurt and this world, and they are the walking dead

8. trez157

trez157 You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand

I hear ya man. I am or was in a similar situation not too long ago. We decided to just be friends, and dont talk as much anymore. Its weird now. But we will see how it turns out, hopefully we can remain friends since she is a cool person

9. B_RowL

B_RowL OT Supporter

Time heals all wounds. Rejection is inevitible and everyone will face it. You just have to do what you feel is the right thing to do, because each situation is unique.