MIL Getting out or IRR due to medical problems

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fintheman, Oct 29, 2005.

1. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Friend is on IRR

He is DEAF in both ears, was just in the hospital with a blood clot in his leg for 3 weeks, and extremely not medically fit for the IRR, WTF.

What does he need to show to them to leave him alone?

He was treated at the VA for all the problems and is a little pissed due to them asking him back up after some of the problems occured while AD.

-fin

2. fintheman

He has only gotten the notice.

3. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

IIRC, you cannot get medically chaptered for being DEAF. 'cause I guess anyone if they wanted to can fail a hearing test...not sure if there are tests that can test ears for hearing loss or not, but....wait wait wait...

you can't get medically compensated for hearing loss. thats what it is.

He should play along and get recalled from IRR and just keep on saying, "What?!" the whole time.

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

need more details.

...and why can you not get a medical discharge for being deaf? I don't think you can join the service if you can't hear, so .. :dunno:

5. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Are you saying he got recalled to active duty? If so there will be information in the packet about how to contact the Delay and Exemption team that handles this. I'm going through it right now because I was recalled and then my ankle got fucked up before I had to report. They will want all the medical documentation he has, and a letter from him stating the problems plus some other forms they give you. If he is physically able to report they may still have him show up so the Army docs can look him over in person, in that case he'd probably be there for about two weeks and then get sent home. I was/am physically unable to report and so far they changed my report date three times and then revoked my orders until they make a final decision on whether I will be able to serve.

6. fintheman

" you can't get medically compensated for hearing loss. thats what it is."

Don't worry, this is a lie, I've seen it happen plenty of times, and is one of the most common c&P exams the VA does.

Its called "tittinus" or something to that matter.

I filed for mine just to double check and my ears were fine, but, this is one of the things I was told was good to do just in case when you get out.

7. mrmephistopheles

mrmephistopheles Not right... in the head.

Having been thru the whole claims process (and on the recieving end of 10% disability until I die), I recommend that anybody interested in filing a claim on ANYTHING they think deserves a claim go to medical and get it documented.
    Documentation is the reason I got 10% and not, 0% or nothing (there's a difference), but it's also the reason I didn't get more.
    I got claims approved for lower back pain and for a broken foot.
    My claims for TB exposure, tinnitus and something else i don't recall were all denied because I didn't have sufficient documentation/justification. And I passed a hearing test
    Anyway, hit up medical on a regular basis and complain about what ails you.
    I know alot of us tend to look on going to medical and bitching about our pain as being weak, but the military is NOT your whole life (whether or not you get out or retire). Nobody else will cover your ass or look out for you.. This is YOUR responsibility.

I still have fucking tinnitus that I didn't have before joining and I'm not getting a red cent for it because it doesn't drown out a person talking to me.
    What the fuck.