getting out of the hole when squatting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Skeletor, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

is there any way to train yourself to have more of a kickstart out of the hole? I don't like divebombing when I'm going real heavy (for me) for fear of injury plus it just doesn't feel safe.

I'll probably try beginning from the dead, but I already take a pause at the bottom of my full squats and front squats, so I don't know if that's the same thing as squatting the bar off the pins.

2. Guitar_fool

Guitar_fool Guest

try pause squats or box squats.

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

I don't really like squats from pins, my hips tend to rise first. I'd just do longer pauses in the bottom position or 1¼ squats. And strengthen glutes with assistance exercises.

[​IMG]

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

thanks.

I feel like I could be full squatting 225 but I just can't get my ass off my heels with more than 205

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

also, i've done some research and couldn't really find much on the issue:

Squatting in chuck taylors. It didn't seem too bad the two or three times I've done it, but I know squatting is better done with a heeled shoe. Is this gonna actually hurt me or my strength, or will it simply require more flexibility to full squat with a flat shoe?

6. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

I started doing front squats in place of back squats cause of that issue. It seems impossible to not have your lumbar spine curve inward when going ATG. Every single vid I've watched of people with correct form do not go completely atg which is how they still keep their back straight. However, it's still easier to maintain proper form with front squats provided you are doing them correctly in the first place.

7. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Using a flat soled shoe just requires more ankle mobility.

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

same here, but actually front squats made it so that I can go completely ATG on back squats now and my lower back stays flat or arched. I used to have that problem though, lots of front squatting trained my form to be better I guess.

Thanks Ceaze. I'll stick with the chucks then and make sure to increase my mobility.. don't wanna be squatting on the toesies.

9. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

10. TZ

TZ Banned

make sure to keep everything real tight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.