SRS getting out of high school now what

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by michaele36, Feb 22, 2006.

1. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

getting out of high school this may. I'm 17 and i'm a pizza dilivery guy. I dont like the job but its good money. Anyway i dont really like school so i dont think going to college full time is exactly the best answer. I wouldn't mind doing a few night classes a few times a week though. Anyway I'm thinking i'll have to quit my pizza job because i'll have to get a job where i work during the day. What kind of job could i get durning the day like 8-5? See the problem is I have no idea what I want to do as a lifetime job.

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Well goto your HS career center. Tell them you want a job that will take you as an intern now until you grad. or drop hs(wont look good in work force) and that you want full time and hopefully they will train you.

3. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

career center:rofl: i go to a drop out pervention program cause of truecy. its a good program for me

4. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

Getting an 8-5 job with no college education is rare these days. Even an 8-5 job with a college edu is rare. America is turning intoa service type country. We dont produce stuff in factories as much as we used too. Most jobs that people your age have are part time jobs that vary in hours.

5. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

:werd:

the factory stuff pretty much mostly goes overseas

6. shankems2000

shankems2000 If you read everybody's user text and location, yo

Nobody can make up your mind for you as to what you want to do with your life, that's ultimately going to have to be your decision. If you want to go to school part time and work full time during the day, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I'm going to guess that you don't have much work experience besides your current job and without a degree or some kind of connections it's going to be rather hard to find a job that you LIKE, especially at your age.

Full time jobs are hard to come by, best case scenario is you'll start to work somewhere else part time and then get promoted to full time within a year or so depending on your performance.

Go to job fairs and ask around your family to see if they know anyone who is willing to hire you full time during the day, or if that doesn't work and you really want or need 40 hours a week then you can take out 2 part time jobs and that should do it.