SRS getting off wellbutrin xl

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Jun 8, 2007.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

I hate this shit. I can't sleep and its making me think more then ever. wellbutrin is also making me shake and feel like i'm going to throw up. How do I get off this stuff? Can I just stop taking it?

2. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Have you tried asking the doctor that prescribed it to you for help?

3. kidbv2

kidbv2 New Member

What is your dosage?

I used to be on 150mg, which I believe is the lowest prescribed dose. My health insurance ran out (I'm a poor college graduate) and I just stopped taking it about a week and a half ago. I didn't notice any withdrawal symptoms. Then again, I didn't have any of the side effects you describe either. I'm not a doctor, your mileage may vary, etc.

Good luck.

4. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

he doesnt like me lol

5. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

For the ten millionth time... TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR AND TELL HIM YOU WANT OFF!! DON'T STOP YOUR MEDS ON YOUR OWN AND ABSOLUTELY DON'T STOP THEM COLD TURKEY!!

It doesn't matter if you think your doctor doesn't like you, you don't like him, he has a hairy nose mole and it creeps you out, your car is broken, your phone got turned off, you have no money, you're on a low dosage, blah blah blah- there is no excuse. Don't do it.

MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT GETTING OFF YOUR MEDS. CALL YOUR DOCTOR AND ASK, IF YOU CAN'T MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.

This is so dangerous- I don't think a lot of you understand.

Every drug is different and there are a lot of factors that contribute to the possibility of serious withdrawal side effects. The possibility of side effects is HUGE- everything from headaches to suicide.

Just call. Talk to your doc. He may titrate your meds, he may not- but this is definitely not something you should try to do on your own.

6. interpol

interpol you can't spell basement without semen

seconding the dude before me. had ridiculous withdrawl shit after only one week on effexor (i was wanting to kill people when on it), full dose to nothing. 2 weeks of zaps and other weird shit

7. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

Yeah, you really need to talk to your doctor. I've been on sertraline (generic zoloft) for about a week, and stopped for a couple days. I started getting really dark thoughts and wanted to kill myself.

Just because your doctor doesnt like you, doesnt mean that he is prescribing this stuff just to piss you off.

8. Liquid_Vitamins

Liquid_Vitamins New Member

Talk to a doctor, any doctor. If your doctor doesn't like you get a new one. Ask to see someone else in the practice. TELL him you know he doesn't like you but don't just go off meds on your own b/c you don't want to talk to the guy. And when you do discuss the possibility of SR instead of XR, less of an accumluation effect.