Getting numbers from a Blackberry

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ivy Mike, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

I quit my job today and have to give my Blackberry back.
    Now, this presents a problem as a lot of my contact info is saved on the phone. I discovered today at the T-Mobile store, that the BB saves all the numbers on the phone and not the sim card.

I was smart and backed up all my info on my PC at home, however, I need a way to read the .ipd file that it creates.

I just picked up a cheapie Nokia to use for personal use (on the same acct.)

So, does anyone know of a way to read the backup file or to xfer all the numbers onto my SIM card from the BB? I've got it for another day and need to get it done.

2. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

There's no way to do it except to sync your nokia with your PC using the nokia pc suite. The Blackberry doesn't even have a function to copy the contacts to the sim card. I have no idea why.

3. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

OK, how about another dumb question.

Is it possible to unlock a Nextel Blackberry 7510?
    I had heard the Nextel uses an entirely different network than any other provider.

4. SeeYaLTR

SeeYaLTR H8T mE CaUsE I'm a RiDeR OT Supporter

Can't you use your BB desktop manager? I just got the 7100i and had to use it to get a company phonelist onto my phone. I haven't played with it much but it would seem you could sync it to a file on your computer to get the data in a .txt file. That is the type of address book file that I uploaded to my phone.

I'd call your service provider and have them walk you through it.