Getting my windows tinted this weekend.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Dnepr, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

What pre-op and post-op things i should do?

Will the tech clean the windows before the install or should I? ( they are pretty dirty).

:) Thanks

2. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

They should clean them for free. At least that's what they're going to do with mine.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If the windows are real nasty, clean them. The cleaner the windows are when you bring in your car, the cleaner the installer can get them. They are going to clean them but you will save them the hassle of cleaning months of grime off prior to tinting. Really clean windows will improve the tint job.

4. JMG

JMG Guest

What kind of tint are you getting BTW? If you have the $$ get ceramic tint. It's way more heat shielded and doesn't mess up your radio reception the way metallic based tints do, and doesn't fade like traditional tint. Huber and Formula One are the only manufactureres right now, since it was originaly designed for commercial use and recently became availabel for autos. Pretty expensive stuff though... about twice the price. I paid over 300 for mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Ceramic tint is nice, but it isn't cheap. :hs:

I had a 3M metallic tint on my Honda and it never changed colors and I had the car 8 years. I know it didn't change colors because my car got broke into about 3 years after the initial tint job and the replaced and retinted window still matched the others. Still does to this day. Well, as of a month ago when I sold the car. :mamoru:

6. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Im getting LLumar Centaur ( metalic tint)

I dont see my self paying 300$ for film on a 7 year old car...

I change cars about once in 10 years. From what i read its a decent film that should be more then enough for my needs.

7. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Also what % are those?

8. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Looks like 35% I'm probably wrong though.