TAT Getting my Tounge Pierced

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by krazywulph, Dec 30, 2005.

1. krazywulph

krazywulph Guest

I haven't posted around here often because I'm not that into modifying my body. I'm an 18 year old male, and I have my upper cartlidge pierced on the left ear, and had both lobes done, but took them out. I've been considering getting my tounge pierced but I'm curious to know about the healing process and side affects, i.e. food getting stuck under the piercing and a lisp. I decided that I'd like one of those acrylic, plastic balls so that my teeth don't get chipped up. I've read through a few threads on here, and basically the reason I want it is to have something to play with. I'm orally fixated, I love chewing on random things, I don't know why (btw, I'm straight). Is there anything that needs to be done to keep the piercing clean after it's been done? How much time will it take to heal and how much pain will I be in? I know that even 3 months after i had my cartlidge done, if I slept on my left side my ear would be pretty sore in the morning, but it was more of an annoyance than anything else. What else can you tell me about getting this done? Let me know, thanks!

Edit: by the way, sorry for my misspelling of 'Tongue'

2. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

be prepared to not be able to talk like a normal person for at least a couple days :ponce you get it pierced i think itll be sore for about 2 weeks or so. not neccessarily painful, but it just kind of gets annoying. you prolly wont feel like eating anything for a couple days becuase your tongue will be so swollen, and theres gonna be a bar going through it that was once never there. i ended up living off apple sauce for about 3 days afterwards. and once you move up to solid foods be prepared to bite down on the bar, it is awkward and painful, but inevitable. as for caring for it. wash your mouth regular with a seasalt/bottled water mix.

3. Laurel

Laurel New Member

My pain and swelling were nonexistant after a week. You'll have to be pierced with all metal, and you'll want to get dental acrylic balls, not the cheap pretty ones, as they not only absorb stuff, they also are not very good for you. It's a bad idea to get a tongue piercing if you're orally fixated, and you'll likely not only chip/scratch teeth permanently, but do great damage to your gums. A tongue piercing is one of the least painful piercings that you can get in terms of the actual piercing's pain. Aftercare/swelling on my tongue piercing was worse than my monroe or my nipples.

Just a heads up.

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Piercings are decorations not toys. A tongue piercing is not something you want to play with. It will damage the enamel on your teeth regardless of acrylic beads.

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Every tongue is different. I've seen some people go week, months and even a year or two without jewelry. Others I've seen close up in a few hours.

6. krazywulph

krazywulph Guest

Thanks for the heads-up. Where do I find these dental balls that you speak of?

7. BlueDarkAngel

BlueDarkAngel New Member

Same thing happened to me. I've gone to the same place for years and they comment about it every time. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 people in the office over the years and each one's reaction has been priceless when they hear how long I've had my tongue done.

As far as taking them out. Mine have never been taken out except every 2-3 weeks to clean them (Or sooner if I feel the need) And thats only for a couple minutes. Or if the Dentist was taking X-rays or something like that.

8. BlueDarkAngel

BlueDarkAngel New Member

Yea, I would stretch mine but since I have 2 in my tongue the larger I get the more the balls would probably hit. And they don't effect my speech so I'm pretty happy with my 2 10ga's for now even though they're pretty small.

And I hear you on things getting trapped. I have a bitch of a time eating tootsie rolls lol. For some reason they like to get stuck in between the 2 barbells and it's a pain in the ass to get out. Stupid gooey things.

9. BlueDarkAngel

BlueDarkAngel New Member

Sure sounds like it. o_O I assumed that's what you meant actually. Sounds like there's an imperfection in the ball/bar and it's just not sitting flush together.