TAT Getting my first tattoo... have a question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by FurY, Feb 21, 2009.

1. FurY

FurY Fortune favors the bold... OT Supporter

Hey all, been reading the EDU and FAQ on tattoos and I'm looking to get a tattoo of a blue dragon on my right shoulder blade. The question I have is, I want it pretty detailed and to take up my entire shoulder blade. The artist I'm working with said it'd be about 5 hours give or take. We've currently scheduled one sitting to do it all at once. However, given that this is my first, do you think that is too long for me to sit and have it done? I suppose a lot of it will be determined by how I'm doing after I've been having the work done for several hours. Any tips/advice on this? Thanks in advance.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Have a good nights sleep the night before, eat a good meal before you come in, bring a juice/water with you as well as a chocolate bar or small snack.

3. FurY

Cool thanks a lot... the guy I spoke with there said that I might get too sore/tender being there that long. I suppose that was my main concern... but again I'm sure everyone's different and I have to just play it by ear.

Thanks again :big grin:

4. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

Well, you could just get the line work done and then get color added later after the lines healed. 5 hours is a good sitting for anyone.

5. cuttin' wax

cuttin' wax New Member

my first tattoo was 4-5 hours on the back of my calf. it didnt bother me at all but we took a few smoke breaks and i did grab a bawls, gatorade, and some funyuns around the 2 hour mark.

6. FurY

Sounds good, thanks guys

7. sorryforya

sorryforya New Member

I did 4 hours of work on my first tattoo with no breaks. I just tried to zone out and not think of the pain so much. If the pain turns out to be too much after X number of hours, see if you can turn the outline and shading into two separate sessions instead of doing the outline and shading in 1 session.