getting girls' numbers

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by THoC, Jun 27, 2009.

?

?

1. a form of cheating/break up

34 vote(s)
    42.5%
  2. no break up but pissed

35 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. no biggie.

11 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. THoC

THoC New Member

while in a relationship.

what do you guys think of it? its basically flirting w. a girl to see if you can get her #. after the night is over you delete it.

no kissing happens, no buying drinks, no flirty type touching, etc..

if you found out your man did this would you: break it off bc its cheating. or just bitch him out for doing it and ask it to never happen again?

** should have titled it getting #s period. so of course guys can post up and say what they would do if their girl did it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  2. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

poll would be best

3. THoC

THoC New Member

i suck and have never bothered to see how to make one. if a mod can great.

4. THoC

THoC New Member

hey i figured it out!

5. Calypso85

Calypso85 New Member

its frowned upon but in no means a valid reason to break up

6. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

i the guy or girl is doing that clearly there not in the mindset for a relationship

7. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

first step towards cheating. Why are you doing this at all if you are happy in a relationship ?

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

why would you even do it? definitely would be pretty annoyed if I found out my girlfriend was doing this.

aside from being relationship sketchy, it just seems pointless and kind of cruel to me. When you don't call the girl, shes likely going to take it personally. Why do that when you know full well there isnt any chance you are going to call?

If its just to pump your ego, you should know full well drunk girls will give their number to anyone, so its really not much of an accomplishment

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Why would you do it?

I don't give my number to girls when I'm in a relationship. I expect the same in return.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

11. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

bingo. agreed.

12. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

Hmmm... I don't know... I mean, I am flirty in nature and all and it is natural but I don't do it to the point to score ppl's numbers or what-not... I guess I see this as some type of game that someone was trying to play tbh.

I mean, like I could see it as a bet like when Gabby and Edie from Desperate Housewives did it when they went out to a bar and got to see how many drinks they could get guys to buy them due to their vanity and proving a point to each other...

Hmmm... I guess if the other half and I had a very good communicative realationship and he was out with the guys and was naturally flirty and got a number and did nothing of the sort with it or deleted it, then told me out of honesty... I wouldn't see it as a big deal.

Now, if he was doing that all the time... I would think that something was up and would need to have a chat about our relationship and see what it was for him that I am not providing to go out and do it over and over again... I would think it would be an ego trip just as girls can fish for compliments??? Not sure...

13. THoC

THoC New Member

to clarify i have not done this. just overheard this guy talking about it wed and started thinking of what i would do if my gf did it.

i voted pissed but not break up.

14. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

15. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

sounds like you have an issue if you need to get numbers and delete them to boost your ego....just saying

16. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

Unless you two are so comfortable with doing it both just to have fun I don't' see why?

Even that is still a bad idea IMO.

It is even kind of a mean thing to do for the person who is giving their number out to you. They may really think you're interested and see that they were just used in a mean way as a simple game.

17. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

If someone I am with thinks getting numbers from people is acceptable then I can't see the relationship lasting very long

18. Toxica

Toxica New Member

Hm, I would tell him that he's been a bad boy and needs a spanking. Then call some of the girls that he had received the numbers from and get a threesome or foursome going on. :boink:

No I'm just kidding. I would be beyond pissed and think about breaking up. :o

19. PcH

PcH Guest

Getting the number is fine if the INTENTION is friendship, but in this case it seems that is not the intent. Therefore, I vote no breakup but pissed.

20. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

The "okayness" of it depends on your relationship agreements.

There is no objective "okayness." Each couple (or group) is different.

21. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

Anyone saying it's a form of cheating is just insecure.

I get numbers all the time intentionally and unitentionally.

If my ole lady gets digits to see if she still can I don't care. If getting that phone number makes her feel good about herself rock on, I know who shes coming home to.

I tell her all the time when chics give me their numbers or are obviously flirting with me. We get a laugh out of it, discuss her tits, and ass, say id hit it or not and move on.

22. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

No, I am sorry but getting numbers from people of the opposite sex is crossing the line and if you were to go out on the street right now the majority of people would agree with me (here not America)

I cannot fathom what it is like to live in America and be in the dating scene. I am constantly gobsmacked how disrespectful people act towards each other and justify it by saying there is no ring, there is no commitment.

You call those who are against it insecure, yet your girlfriend (and you) get numbers to prove they still have it. Sounds like you are the insecure ones to me. Your partner should be the only person's opinion you give a shit about.

23. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:rofl: It's cheating if that is what two people agreed on. It is not cheating if that is what two people agreed on.

For me, fucking and being in love with another person is not cheating, in my current relationship, with the love of my life.

For others, i.e. most people, fucking or being in love with another person is cheating, in accordance with the understandings in their relationships. Kissing is usually cheating. Getting numbers is probably 50-50 depending on the couple. You are side A of that card. Others here are side B.

It is entirely - solely - exclusively - ultimately - only - nothing but - what you two have decided in advance.

There is no Court of Love, no objective judge or morality to appeal to. It's up to you. Which is great.

It's almost as if each of us is a completely different person, with different boundaries.

Everyone is insecure. I am insecure. Sometimes. That doesn't mean I ever think "sex is cheating." That doesn't mean I ever think "sex is not cheating." That doesn't mean anything, in other words... apart from the fact that I am a person with insecurities and vulnerabilities to complement my strengths and virtues. Insecurity has nothing to do with this.

It is about the boundaries you have set up with another person in advance, and whether those boundaries are broken.

Getting #'s is not crossing boundaries in your relationship. Getting laid is not crossing boundaries in mine. That doesn't mean you are more insecure than I am. Or vice versa, or whatever.

Honestly... this is a stupid thread. Stupid because it's asking for an objective judgment when the only truth in this situation is SUBJECTIVE. Like, "Which color is better? Red or blue?" The answer is, "No. :gtfo:"

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  24. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

:bowdown:

I agree with JoJobee, if it is a one time thing just for fun, it is ok. If not and he is making a habit out of it, I really wonder if he is worth being with!

25. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

This is an excellent post and I would like to retract my previous statement and agree with JJJ.