Getting footage from a non-digital camera onto my computer

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Eurbauk, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Eurbauk

Eurbauk New Member

Hey guys,

Is there a program/cables/hookups that will let me put the footage from my 2001 Canon video camera onto my computer? If so, how much do they go for Canadian?

Thanks

2. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

You need a some sort of a video capture card to be able to do what you want. Your best bet is probably googling around for a bit and reading up on how they work.

3. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

well, what you need is a video capture card. some newer video cards have VIVO which is video in video out and can capture s-video or composite feeds. otherwise you'll want to look into video capture cards. then all you do is run a cable from the video out of your camcorder to the video in of the capture card. open up the (probably bundled with the card) capture software, start recording and press play on the camcorder. keep in mind that this will be fairly cpu and hard drive intensive and will take a LOT of hard drive space until you can compress it. compressing takes a while and uses a LOT of cpu. hopefully you've got a decent system otherwise this will be a very long task.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815100129

thats a low end version of what you'll need.