WEB Getting Expired Domian Names v. MELBOURNE IT

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PEnGUiN188, Mar 23, 2008.

1. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

Alright, I have been trying to get this domain name for 6 years now and it finally might become mine.

Some doctor had it in Australia for 6 years prepaid, he never did anything with it and it was just parked. I tried to contact him to no response.

Jan 13, 07 hit expired, the assholes at melbourne bought it for another year.

Jan 13, 08 hits, they dont renew, hell, their parking page isnt even there anymore.

I backordered it with Godaddy, how long will melbourne hold on to it till godaddy can nab it? Or am i screwed.

2. Browning

Browning Active Member

they go through a cycle before you will be able to get it

3. JCrev

JCrev Where is your god now? OT Supporter

4. Solstice

Solstice New Member

www.snapnames.com

Some registrars have their own dropping service but I used snapnames to pick up one from melbourne IT just a fortnight ago.

5. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Yep, might want to use one of the other backordering services just to be more safe. I've read that godaddy backordering will only work if they are the the current registrar. I've also lost out to a domain that godaddy didn't catch and assume that is the reason. The others are more expensive but if you really want it it's worth using the more popular ones to be safer and then just hope no one else bids on it lol.

I don't know anything about melbourne but do they have their own aftermarket service or maybe just a backordering service? If so that would proably be the best place to start.