Getting big time mixed signals from this girl

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by wakeboarder071, Oct 20, 2008.

1. wakeboarder071

wakeboarder071 I'm classy

Gone out with her once before, and took her to a football game a few weeks ago, we both had a good time in my opinion. About two weeks or so ago I gave her a call during the week seeing if she wanted to hang out, got voicemail so I left a message. Next day she called me back and said she would love to hang out and she might be going to a friend's party on friday and that I should come. Also sounded pretty excited about us hanging out too. So friday rolls around and turns out she has to study and won't be going out, that's fine stuff happens. However, she suggests we have lunch the next day instead. Well the next day she says she isn't feeling good and wants to reschedule. She had been sick recently so that could really be the case, but at this point I'm not really sure because she's been flaky before and decide she's going to have to initiate contact with me if she wants to go out again. That was 2 weeks ago. Friday night I'm watching a movie (In bruges, great movie btw:bowdown:) and get a text message from you know who asking if I want to hang out that weekend. I wait about 45 min for the movie to get over and text her back saying "yeah what are you up to tomorrow?" Never got a response back. wtf OT? I mean I guess it's possible she never got the text or forgot about it but I'm having to always give her the benefit of the doubt here, but then again why would she text me if she's not interested? :dunno:

2. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Are you sure she doesnt have a BF?

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

don't worry about it. Maybe by the time you texted her, she was working, or out with friends, or in bed.

If she's still interested, she'll get back to you. If she's not interested, you won't be wasting any more of your time fretting about it.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

She seems interested...but who knows what else could be at play. Why give up though? I think you are right at this point to let her contact you (and if she doesn't you move on), just don't put so much stock into her. Say she calls you tomorrow apologizing you should firmly say "let's go ______" and can even make a joke that she can't flake out on you.

5. wakeboarder071

Yep no bf, at least according to Facebook anyway. And we all know unless it's on facebook its not official right?

So you don't think I should try contacting her in a few days even if I don't hear from her?

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You could try say Thursday to attempt a weekend night date....and if she doesn't answer forget her.

7. wakeboarder071

sounds good to me:)

8. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe Across 110th Street, You can find it all in the st

humm.....I thinks you are her back up plan man, if all else fails, shes ends up with you.

Besides, she has broken to many dates with ya, seems like if she wanted to be with ya, she would be with you now!

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Mixed signals = fail.

Wouldn't you rather spend your time with a chick that you were SURE was into you?

10. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

why did you go out with her and not make a move

11. wakeboarder071

Update:

So I called back last Thurs and got voicemail, left a message saying we should get together sometime that weekend. She calls me back a few minutes later, we chat a bit, and then SHE brings up her having texted me the past weekend and if I ever got it :hsugh:. I said yeah and that I sent something back, but she claims she never got a text from me. Anyway, we made plans to have dinner friday night and she said to call her friday afternoon to get the times set up. Ok sounds good right? Friday afternoon I give her a call to get everything set up and get voicemail, so I leave a message saying let's do dinner around 7, call me back if that's good. Well I don't get a call back :ugh:, and a little after 6 I call one more time for the off chance she never got it or something. I get voicemail and then hangup. So I guess that's that, I'm done with this girl. But why in the world would she even call me back once I left a message the first time, and then agree to go out with me the next day, then not go through with it? Seem's it'd be easier to just not call me back than to make date plans and then just pull a no show.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Consider it a good learning experience.

Mixed signals = low interest or immaturity, either way it's a sign you want to avoid the girl in question.

13. jonno

jonno New Member

something more fun probably came along. like a party with the girls or something gay like that. low interest

14. [-]

[-] Guest

15. wakeboarder071

Yep I think it's probably a little bit of both in this case. Even though I only was with her for a few hours, I definitely got a weird vibe from her, not exactly sure what it was. Might've been crazy? I'll never know. She was smokin though.

16. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

"ok call me again a few hours before the date" = "give me a chance to flake on you"

17. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

back up plan theory seems likely in this case, but whatever. Don't waste time with people who flake.