SRS Getting back with ex.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ancoats, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Ancoats

Ancoats New Member

Not really an ex inasmuch as we never really got together before I found out she was seeing someone else (We were 200 miles apart at the time, and did like each other alot) and dumped her like hot cakes. Not the typical boyfriend/girlfriend cheating scenario as we werent together, just causally seeing each other.

Now shes engaged to this guy, and I'm really good friends with her cousin who told me on AIM last night that she always keeps talking about me saying stuff like 'I wonder what would of happened if we had got together', and her cousin told me that she has never really got over me. Likewise here although I've moved on I do think about her from time to time. She said that this girl was going to get back in touch with me soon.

This guy she was seeing she ended up with because I was ALWAYS out at the weekends, when we could see each others, at the soccer games. As you may or may not be aware soccer is my life, and I have always maintained that I wouldnt let a girl get in the way of my passion. The main event that sort of triggered her getting with the other guy was when she arranged a work conference in my area for the weekend which I was happy to do, as long as I could have the saturday off to go to Aston Villa vs Man City. She came up but I never saw her as she was working an all nighter and I had got myself arrested at the game for making gestures to the Villa fans and winding themselves up.

So she got close to this guy from her area, who was just out of prison, and when I found out, the weekend she was due to come up to see me again I went bananas, and basically told her she could forget any chance she had with me. Since then I've not spoken to her in 4 months, yet she still asks about me and fantasises about what could have been, as do I.

So last night I told her cousin to tell her (as I dont have contact with her anymore) that if she wanted another go of it, I'd be willing to do it, however, I feel a bit bad on moving on another guys property, although he doesnt treat her right. Me and this guy are pretty similiar apparently, both of us in frequent trouble with the law, although mine are mainly to do with what I get up to at football whilst he was in prison for 3 years for GBH.

Anyway, I know what you guys will probably say, that its not worth it, but I'd like to have a proper chance at it, and see where the relationship would develop this time as previously she sacrificed alot in anticipication of me and her together, which like I said I fucked up by obsessing too much about soccer/football.

What do you think? I know I'm a better prospect than the guy shes engaged to, and its obvious she still wants me as I wouldnt even be considering this if her cousin hadnt told me what did last night. Is it worth it, or should I just say fuck it?

2. page

page New Member

Have you seen him treat her badly? Or has she just told you that?

Don't fuck with an otherwise committed girl. All she wants is attention.

3. johan

johan Active Member

You're right on both counts.
    Yes, it isn't worth it.
    And yes you won't be able to rest unless you really go "through" with it.

And by that I mean, go and talk to her yourself. Not using another girl as a go between. Sheesh, I thought you made out to be hard?

So go and talk to her in person. Let her make the decision.
    Nothing wrong with declaring your feelings for a girl. You're not forcing her in any way, it's her decision in the end.

So go and say your piece and be at rest. You might be surprised by the answer.

4. page

page New Member

*she*

5. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

I think you two are made for each other. She likes criminals and you consistantly disrespect the law.

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Personally I think it is very disrespectful to get involved with an otherwise committed couple. Besides, what does that say about YOU? Are you really so pathetic that you can only find a woman who is looking for a "last chance" fling? If you do it, you're really telling her that you are not much of a man, you're okay with sloppy seconds. I try to have more self respect than that, I know I deserve better - and I bet you do, too.

Personally, I think you have a natural gift that you don't let women interfere with your soccer playing. That is very admirable, and I bet that has a LOT to do with why she likes you and her fiance. Both of you have man-like traits - you put your foot down and that's it. That's a good thing. Why not save that concept for someone who really likes you, and not a woman who is trying to figure out a way to ruin her relationship.

If she really loved her fiance, she would not be entertaining the thought of other men. So, in that regards, I can see that her marriage is going to be bad, and probably not last long. At the same time, though, you have to realize that if you get involved, she's the kind of woman who would do that to you. She's a liar and a cheat. You're just a guy who likes to have fun pissing off a bunch of idiots who probably deserve it.

Personally, I think she's more the criminal than you. I would stay away.