Getting back to fighting shape

Discussion in 'MMA Training Logs' started by The Ripper, Apr 16, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

So yeah much like some other cagers bills and other shit has gotten in the way of my training and I got fat. I was 170 and could cut to 155 but now I am at 190. My goal is to get back to 170 or 165 and get back into fighting shape.

Day 1
    Started off with some sprints and they really kicked my ass. I then drove to the gym and did a full body circuit and then I took a shower got dressed and went to work. (Gym at work night shift ftw) I was planning on doing some mit work and get some gym rats together to train some mt but I didn't have enough time during the day because im in training at my new job.

wt 190

Day 2
    Was supposed to go for a run today but when I woke up my body was a bit fatigued from the cirquit training and sprints. I was a little sore but my body just felt heavy. I would usually push on ahead but my legs were to fatigued from the leg work outs I did. I decided Ill just do the sprints this week and the circuit routine and after two days of rest this weekend my body should adjust to the weight lifting and sprints and then I will add in my run.

wt 190

Day 3
    Legs felt kind of sore today but when I got into the gym and got to work it wasnt as bad as I thought. I feel alot better after I worked out. I probably had some lactic acid building up and working out helped alleviate it. I was suprised this time I hit the gym and I improved from last time. Im assuming it was because I wasnt pushing hard enough last time or the last work out woke my body up. At any rate I skipped my sprint routine before work because I was feeling sore cant wait for next week, Ill add in a running routine to give me a good aerobic base. Ill probably wait till week 3 to start my sprinting routine again.

wt 190

Day 4
    Todays a rest day kind of happy cant wait to hit the weights tomorrow. I have my day off tomorrow and the day after so after a few days of work I get to relax a little bit. Got to see if I can make it to class at this school tomorrow morning and see if I can work full time and go to school full time and still manage to maintain a work out routine. I began super hydrating today and Ive been watching my diet.

wt 189

Day 5
    Hit the weights for a bit. Left my work out log at home by accident and I slacked a bit. Blah I suck at life next two days are gonna be rest days then im gonna kick it up a notch by adding a running and sprinting routine.

wt 190

Day 6 - off
    Day 7 - off

Day 8
    planning on hitting the weights before work and running some sprints before work

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I still pwnt him