Getting asked advice at the gym from a guy way bigger/stronger than you is confusing.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ACLdestroyer, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

One of my bros that I lift with at the gym is 6'2" ~305. Jacked but really high bodyfat %.

Anyways, he had a partial Pec tear/strain while flat benching 405 3 weeks ago. Today he asked if I thought he would be alright incline benching 315 easy for some reps. I was like :hs: why are you asking me. Im a skinny weak faggot :dunno:

I figured out eventually that he is not very well read regarding injuries etc. So I just helped him decide that he should work light with an attentive spotter and feel it out from there. He ended up hitting 315 x 9 with solid form and feeling really good about it. I think he just wanted some verbal reassurance. Anyways, dude is really cool and I gotta say training with someone who is much much stronger than you is inspiring as shit.:bigthumb:

2. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

Pretty sure he didnt tear his pec if he's repping 315 on incline 3 weeks later

3. ACLdestroyer

Ya I agree. Really gnarly bruising and shit all over his pec/front delt though. Super black and blue and like 1ft around.

4. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

weird, he definitely fucked something up then. I wouldn't be going near a bench after that but whatever.

5. ACLdestroyer

I tried to tell him to take it slow but he really wanted to work it so I just spotted him and hoped for the best. Turned out that he was able to go moderately hard. I was surprised.

6. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.