getting and extra "iexplore.com" process

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by forango, Oct 20, 2009.

1. forango

forango New Member

A month or maybe a little more ago I started noticing that when I open an Internet Explorer window, I end up with 2 iexplore.exe processes for it..one is usually only like 15K bites....then if I open another tab or a new Internet Explorer window I have 3 processes running.....if I close one of those tabs or windows, I still end up with 3 processes running.....if I end one process(no matter which one I choose), then all the internet windows close.

not sure if anyone can help me or not..lol..I know nothing about this stuff

2. forango

forango New Member

BTW..I ran a Malware Bytes scan today and it removed alot of little infections, but the problem is still happening.

3. muchepicfail

muchepicfail Member

Those separate process are just the browser distributing the CPU load. It's suppose to be more efficient and make web-browsing faster. Chrome uses this same concept which is probably where IE got the idea for it. It's nothing to worry about.

4. Swerve

Swerve OT Supporter

I would also open the command prompt and run a netstat -b command just to see if any unwanted connections are running.

5. forango

forango New Member

OK..thanks for the replies....funny I did recently upgrade the IE to the new version(not chrome), guess that must be it..I am gonan run the other search though as well.

thanks again

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I've seen sketchy plugins that run extra browser processes before. Disabling them made it go away.

In those cases, though, the sketchy plugins were also causing IE to not close properly, so there was no easy way to re-open IE or click on hyperlinks in emails and shit like that. If you're not actually having any problems with it, I wouldn't worry about it.

BTW...running separate processes to take advantage of multiple processors is lame. That's what multi-threading is for.

7. forango

forango New Member

occasionally IE doesn't close properly...it is rare but does happen...this morning actually I went to open a link from a facebook notification email and the IE froze up.