Getting amp'd over a new girl I met

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Non-Photo Blue, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Non-Photo Blue

Non-Photo Blue New Member

I met a girl in my summer class, she initiated talking to me, I ended up getting her number for "studying" purposes. It's only been 3 weeks knowing her, but I'm already digging her...a LOT. Coincidentally, she happens to live on the same street a couple blocks down from my place, so we've agreed on carpooling to school. I've been slowly getting to know her, and now I just can't stop thinking about her...I haven't had this feeling since my first gf in high school.

I feel like a bitch right now. I catch myself getting all giddy like a little schoolgirl when interacting with her via internet or phone, for instance when she said we should hang out sometime...which almost made me lose it right there. :noes:

How can I stop feeling like this? I KNOW it's step by step, but I just want to say fuck it and tell her my feelings right now. She's been on my mind all night...

2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

are you dating/physical ? or is she just see you as a friend

3. Reign

Reign Banned

Also... get some hobbies so you'll stop thinking about her. You need to stop giving her your complete attention or you're gonna mess up sooner or later.

4. meatball

meatball you're the grasshole ya grasshole OT Supporter

i'm getting sort of the same way, but we're physical already

but she pretty much indicated from the start that she's just looking to fuck so i just let it go, i'm not gonna bother showing my hand.

5. fray

fray New Member

. or just ball up and ask her out already before you get heavily invested and find out she doesn't think about you that way.

I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling how you do, you just need to do act on it before you lose your opportunity.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You better ask her out on a date...like now. Sounds like you're sailing into the friendzone quite nicely.

7. Reign

Reign Banned

If you're not already there.

8. Non-Photo Blue

Nope.. however, we have been quite flirty with each other. Even though my game has been garbage as of late, I can honestly see that she has interest in me enough to ask me to hang out with her, and always calling me/txt/IM's first.

:o

9. Non-Photo Blue

This is what I fear most. I've always had this problem with girls, trying to figure out WHEN to ask them...or trying get the feel of the situation, whether it's good timing or not. Damn I feel like a fucken virgin all over again. :o

10. Non-Photo Blue

You guys are right. Here's another example of a perfect-situation-fucked-up-by-yours truly.

her: We should hang out...
    her: is there anything going on tonight?
    me: mmm, pretty dead tonight...deciding whether I should see the hulk or study

:wtc:

11. meatball

meatball you're the grasshole ya grasshole OT Supporter

........i don't see anything wrong with that :hsugh:

12. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

Just do et. What is the worst that can happen? She says no and then you can hump one of her friends? (not the best advice, but it might work). Don't live your life with regrets.

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

translation:

"i'm giving u a huge IOI that i want to spend time with you tonight. make some excuse for us to see each other. i'll agree to whatever plans u make, just come up with something."

14. Non-Photo Blue

Yeup, it's just one of those moments where you look back 10 minutes later and then :uh: yourself. I'll be the initiator this time, I suppose :hs:

15. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

I have had plenty of those moments. Sometimes you just need to react instead of thinking it through. The signals were there and she wanted something.

These woman are tricksters.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

:uh: Wow

That was the biggest opening you could have ever taken.

You should have said "let's go see the Hulk"

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  17. Non-Photo Blue

Stop it, stop it :wtc:

18. Non-Photo Blue

or maybe I'm playing hard to get :eek4:

yes that's it.

no....i failed

19. Non-Photo Blue

actually, i was in another town when I was talking to her. that my excuse. :o

20. iwishyouwerebeer

Even worse. Chit chatting for no specific reason and then literally telling her you've got nothing going on in your life=FAIL

21. Non-Photo Blue

Chit chatting? Our conversations are quite awesome actually, I make her laugh a lot. It's never really chit chat honestly. But with that said, I know I did fuck up that situation, but I'm going to see her tomorrow and casually ask her out. I'd think she would be still down for it. :x:

22. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

talk to her IN PERSON! If you're not able to hang out with her in person, what's the point of chatting with her? All you did was make yourself miss her, and show that although you were out of town, you had nothing to do.

If you had time to just idly chat with her, why not go drive back home and see her?

If you can't hang out, don't chat with someone unless it is to set up plans. After you set up plans, go DO something so that you aren't just sitting there.

Here was the end of your IM convo if you had told her you were in another town.

her: We should hang out...
    her: is there anything going on tonight?
    me: mmm, pretty dead tonight...deciding whether I should see the hulk or study
    me: I'd love to take you to the hulk, but I'm in another town...

Awkward silence with nothing to talk about follows

You should have ended the conversation. Chatting with no point in mind is counterproductive (exceptions possibly for LDRs)

23. fray

fray New Member

if you were playing hard to get, you'd be flirting and then backing away. My guess is you're not doing this. Let me tell you why. My bf and I had this issue. And I think he thought he was flirting and giving signals because he would talk to me and hang out with me(??). All the while I was inviting him out, having him sleep over, etc. He still swears that he was giving all the signals, I gave none and he had no idea that I liked him. There were really no signals beyond that and no response to my signals.

Drop the excuses. Quit hoping the someone's subtle signals get noticed finally and change the signals to something that is actually perceivable.

24. fray

fray New Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with chatting. The bf and I always chatted online and it never hurt anything.

25. Non-Photo Blue

I was kidding.