MIL Getting all 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled in a week.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ManinCamo, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Young female captain walks in to give me an eval, so I'm thinking - ok eval with this Doc, and then surgery with some old guy that knows what he's doing and has been doing it for 20 years.

Nope. :wtc:

This captain looks to be late twentys, fresh out of dental/med school.

They're going to have to cut away some of my jaw bone b/c my roots are so developed. Also, the root of one tooth is almost touching the nerve that runs through the jaw bone. and one of the upper teeth is very close to the nasal cavity. :noes::noes::noes::noes:

I'm getting a local, and a iv drug drip :420:

2. Furner

Furner New Member

been there, done that. i went to a place that was very good, but they ran it like an assembly line. between 8 and 11 am on the day i got mine done, they were scheduled to do 15 extractions.
    did they warn you about the possible loss of feeling in your lower jaw/mouth area due to the proximity of the nerve to the tooth?
    if they puncture your nasal cavity, you will feel a very cool sensation if you pinch your nose and then attempt to blow pressure through your nose. everyone else thought it was gross, but i thought it was really neat.

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I am so glad to not be you.
    I once had to have a cavity drilled without any pain relief. That was fun. I screamed every time she stopped drilling. I know those guys in the lobby were like :eek4:

4. Jyokker

When I had my PRK surgery, the doc put the band-aid contact on inside out. I go back the next day saying my eye really hurts. He puts some numbing drops in my eye, I find out in a second this does nothing to the skin under the contact. The doc says "I'm going to count to three and pull it off. You should feel a rush of cool air. One." Then he yanks it off on "Two". It felt like he put a red hot poker in my eye. I screamed bloody murder and almost hit him. I know those guys in the lobby were like :eek4:

5. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Yes, i know about the possible loss of feeling... I'll be PISSED if it happens.

Under what circumstance were you not able to get any novacain?

6. Jyokker

I had been running on concrete for a few months, and my shins had developed a horrible ache when I would be sitting at home doing nothing. My shins would cramp up when I ran. Literaly, my feet would lock into the up position. I go to the doc, and he says "Does this hurt?" as proceeds to jam his tumb into my shin. I yell "Oh My GOD!" and almost hit him. I told him not to do it again. He said I had micro-fractures, put me on pain meds and a profile. I now run on the grass or on the rubber track.
    For those of you who don't know, Keesler has a long concrete track that wraps around the flight line. I know those guys in the lobby were like :eek4:

7. Jyokker

Actually she shot me five times with it. It just didn't numb the tooth. The whole side of my face could have been cut off, and I would not have known it. I could not feel anything from my chin to the back of my face behind my ear. No pressure, pricks, pinch, nothing. That tooth was not the slightest numb.

She gave me two options, leave with a numb face and come back the next day, or proceed. I grabbed the chair and said get to work.

8. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

When i broke my foot the doctor squeezed it and asked if it hurt
    he looked up and noticed i clawed holes in the arm rests of the chair....

9. shiba

shiba Active Member

the problem with military doctors is that even ifthey mess up, you can't sue them, so they have nothing to lose.