GUN getting air guns into canada

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by redeemer988, Apr 5, 2005.

1. redeemer988

redeemer988 New Member

I might be taking a trip sometime soon into the US by car. I was browsing online looking for pellet rifles and found some really nice ones, however, they don't ship to Canada. I know in Ontario (and maybe all of Canada) they have laws that prevent the sale of pellet guns with a speed of over 500FPS. Now, if I were to drive into the states and buy a pellet gun (that went faster than 500FPS) and then drive back, would they just confiscate any pellet gun I bought? Or do they usually let it slide. I'm 18 by the way, so that might hinder getting the thing against the border.

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Cant buy some pellet guns :rofl: The government think you will shoot your eye out :mamoru:

3. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

just hope you don't get searched on the way back in.

4. KMD

KMD Guest

Here yuo go GOOGLE is you friend

http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/info_for-renseignement/factsheets/airguns_e.asp

:fawk:

5. redeemer988

redeemer988 New Member

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have to go to some safety course and pass a test. Super. I know I'm treading on light ground when I ask this so I'll try to avoid any details. What are the chances that my car will be searched coming back from the border? And do they somehow x-ray the car? I know they do that for trucks alot coming back from the border.

6. ososlow

ososlow OT Supporter

Here in BC I believe you need a FAC/PAL to purchase an air rifle over 500fps and they are only sold in gun shops. I don't really see the point of owning a pellet gun that powerful, since it's illegal to hunt with. A standard pellet gun will still be alot of fun. ;)
    You could try to smuggle it up. You could tear it down and hide parts all over inside your car and see if they catch you. The only thing that could go wrong, is you get caught and thrown in jail. :bigthumb:

7. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

no Airsoft guns for you either.

8. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

:rofl: at needing a class for a pellet gun!!!!

9. ososlow

ososlow OT Supporter

A pellet gun exceeding muzzle velocity of 500fps. ;) Any goon with a D/L saying they are 18 can walk into a sporting goods store and buy a pellet gun <500fps. I am sure that its going to be changed to where we have to register our pellet guns soon as well :greddy:

I don't get the part about airsofts though. Quite a few Canadian retailers I have been looking up say that it is not illegal to own a replica gun, and they do not need to be shipped with orange tips/barrels like in the US. :dunno: I guess I will find out when I order one someday. :noes:

10. Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana New Member

Bwahahahahahahahaha

11. oakie

oakie my ninja.

every time i see a thread like this, it makes me wonder why people brag about canada's greatness in the main forum.

12. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

because alot of americans are liberal wastes of life that don't understand freedom or how good they really have it :dunno:

13. redeemer988

redeemer988 New Member

Yeah I got a pellet gun already that goes 430 FPS but I want to get a rifle. You think 495 FPS is strong enough to break through beer bottles and the likes? Because that's all I want, something strong enough to break through beer bottles since those things are everywhere in forests near my house, they're wicked fun to shoot at. It usually takes around 4-5 shots with my pellet gun that I have now to crack a beer bottle and after that it usually just starts to fall aparat each time you shoot it. But yeah, needing classes for a pellet gun is so stupid. And yeah, now that I think about it, I don't think I'll be smuggling in that pellet gun.

14. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:rofl: @ pellet gun laws

15. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

We can laugh too hard. At the way things are going now, we might end up in a similar situation :o :noes: