TAT Getting a toddlers ears pierced?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by TwistedMind, May 6, 2008.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

My girlfriend wants to pierce her daughters ears but shes afraid she waited to long and that the kiddo will pull them out or irritate the shit out of them at this point in time.

Kids 18 months. Any advice?

2. Libera

Libera New Member

My mom had my ears pierced when I was two and and I never managed to pull/rip them out :dunno:

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

have her talk to the pediatrician. under 2 is still good, they won't remember the pain really.

that said: even though i had mine pierced at 9months, i won't pierce my kid's ears untill they are old enough to choose for themselves.

4. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

Tell your girlfriend to stop trying to live vicariously through her child and do whats going to actually be best for it.

5. Libera

Libera New Member

:werd:

6. JM Popaleetus

JM Popaleetus OT Supporter

I chose to have my ear pierced at 7... Are you guys seriously talking about pain :rofl:?

But seriously, the kid may hate earrings (I do now), let him/her decide.

7. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i beg you just dont go to claires or whatever places still pierce with a gun.

go to an actualy piercer and have them done with a piercing needle. it was the cutest thing watching a little girl in a pink dress get her ears done by my buddy jim with his huge plugs and full sleeves. She was so polite and proper.

8. Mace Windu

Mace Windu OT's Resident Pile of Awesome

:love:

I'm going to wait until my daughter can make the decision. When she tells me she wants them pierced, I'll take her that day. Her mom wont take her since she doesn't like to see her get a needle in her. That's why our daughter is late for her shots.

9. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Does the daughter want her ears pierced? If not then they shouldn't be done.

10. SmokeDog420

SmokeDog420 New Member

:bowdown: makes semse to me.

I mean, I think my dog would look bad ass with some holes in his ears, maybe even a tattoo, but I'm sure he'd have other ideas.. I couldn't do it to a human with out it wanting it to.. That is ,unless you are growing up in a jungle and it was part of your tradition in you tribe. :hsd:

11. Phantom Empress

when i was getting my industrial, there was alittl 8 year old girl there with her dad and she was getting her lobes done for the first time. I came out with my industrial and she asked me "did it hurt, cuz I really like your eawings and i want some liek that too"

omg my father an di just died from the cuteness.

12. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

no.

i would be really tempted to pierce my kid's ears cuz i like how it looks. i guess it's not an ethical violation, since it's a reversible piercing (grows back) unlike circumcision.

13. Xicculus

Xicculus OT Supporter

Maybe I'm in the minority here but we had our daughter's ears pierced at 6 or 7 months. I don't remember exactly when (it may have even been 4 months) but she's 13 months now and it seems like she's had them in forever. I didn't have much to do with it, my wife took care of it, and it's pretty cute.

Note that you need to get the kind of earrings with posts and caps that don't easily come out or your toddler may rip them out.

14. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Or you wait till the child WANTS to get pierced. How would you like it if I took you to a body piercing shop and had them pierce your dick? :nono:

15. Lovely Atlantis

Lovely Atlantis Luscious Lovely Lady!

I got my ears peirced when I was 2 years old. My mom was going to wait until I was older but because my older sister got them done I kept asking to get mine too. I remember it was the most terrifying thing ever. They used TWO guns on me at the same time because they figured that after getting the first one I would be screeming so much or something and wouldn't get the second ear done. So I remember sitting there surounded- mom behind me holding me down, sister infront and a peircer on either side with a gun to my head. To make matters worse the earings were done crooked. One hole is really high, the other is really low. I owe this to the fact that they did them both at once so they couldn't check to see if they were even.

Soooo I'd be wary of getting it done with a child this young. IF she does do it though, make sure to get them to mark the lobes with a pen first at least so she doesn't end up with crooked earings for the rest of her life. I'm forever stuck wearing only hoop earings because studs show how crooked the holes are.

16. Xicculus

Xicculus OT Supporter

:rolleyes: If she decides she doesn't like them, when she is old enough to make her own decisions she'll take them out and a few days later, voila, the lobes will close and that will be the end of it. Until then, as parents we'll be making a lot of decisions for her, that's just one of them.

17. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

1. That person wasn't a piercer
    2. It's a good chance they're crooked because they were done with a gun which is highly inaccurate.

18. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

couldnt you let them close up and re pierce them?

19. Phantom Empress

NEVER EVER get them done with a gun. I learned the hard way at 13.

So get them redone if they are crooked.

20. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

my parents had my ears pierced when i was 2 months :dunno:

i don't mind that i have them pierced, i think it's alright for parents to do such a thing

if i have a daughter, i would get her ears pierced at a young age..and if she ever said she didn't want to wear earrings, then that's her choice

21. skych

skych New Member

whats the point of getting them pierced so young?

22. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Selfish parents want their child to look "cute" with earrings.

23. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

:dunno:

some parent's think they won't experience the pain vs. when they are older

it's something that's always been "tradition" in my family, so it's no biggie. i don't think it's so much selfish, but everyone has their opinions. i know some parents who have done it just so that it will give that feminine quality to their daughter since some can't tell a baby is male vs. female

24. audrey

audrey New Member

I agree. Let them choose for themselves. I got mine pierced for my 10th birthday, because I asked for it.

25. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

I think you should wait until they're old enough to vocalize WANTING earrings. Those holes don't just "close up."