getting a personal trainer at 24hour fitness

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by b2, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b2

b2 New Member

I'm signing up for a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness. He said that I'll be meeting him tonight to do some sort of assessment. I am quite worried because I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in over a year, and I did 3 seats of squats with heavy weights. Needless to say, my legs are KILLING ME right now :sadwavey::sadwavey:.

Do you guys know what they usually do for the assessment? I hope he won't make me squat again :wtc::wtc:.

A little about myself: I'm 27, 176lbs, 5'10, ~21% bf. I used to work out frequently 2 years ago and weighed 157lbs and 13% bf.

I have never had a personal trainer before, but I feel like this time I really need one to give myself a jumpstart. I'm getting married next year so I want to be in top shape by then. :)

For those who have had personal trainers before, how many sessions did you guys have with the personal trainer per week? And how many weeks did you need one for? I'm pretty sure the guy is going to sell me all these different types of packages tonight, and I want to make sure I make my choice wisely.

Thanks in advance!

2. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

wow, you 5'10" people who thing 180 is big are a strange breed.

3. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

for the assessment, they'll make you do a few things

they'll get your resting metabolic rate (you basically have to hold a mouthpiece connected to a piece of machinery in your mouth and breathe for like 10 minutes)
    they'll make you squat (hands in the air, no weight, to see where your muscle imbalances are :mamoru: )
    they'll take your measurements, height, weight, and bodyfat %
    i think that's all they really did for me on my first day

4. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

i'm shorter and heavier

5. b2

b2 New Member

well. I don't mind staying at 180lbs if they are mostly made of muscles. Being 180lbs at 21%bf isn't a very good feeling. :)

I don't mind staying at 180lbs as long as my bf is much closer to around 10%.

6. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

trying being 218, 5'11 and closer to 27% bf.

7. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

im a pt and i dont assess anyone we just get right to it depending on their goals

they'll probably do a 3 minute step test for u, some measurments, and maybe some other random shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.